• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan-
Did that tractor happen to be found in the Ames area? If so, I tried buying that tractor YEARS ago, if I remember right it had some ag tires from back in the '70's.

Steve B., awesome job on the plow!!! I second Shultzie, we need a video. Wish I could make it to your Plow Day so I could take an hour or so of video...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Mike/Frank, I've been a little lax this weekend on my reading. So you blew up another coil !
Mike have you put a meter on that critter? Only thing I can think of is too high a voltage from the generator caused by a regulator failure. If the points are too close that might lengthen the time power is applied to the coil...but I don't think the engine would work too well.
EDIT: Sorry Don...I just reread stuff...you brought that up earlier. <font size="-2">(gotta have more coffee earlier in the day)</font>

Wyatt-Yes, this tractor was bought in Ames yesterday. Supposedly it was on Craigslist for a few days with no bites. The owner said that he had put those tires on it himself. They are in decent shape, a little wore, but they really look awesome. It needs a few things corrected...the front nose peice is from a Quietline, it needs the little sideshields for around the clutch area...But, it runs and drives pretty well.

Ryan M.,

Nice find on the 128! I see the hood front end is one from a Quietline but other than that it's pretty much original.

Steve B.,

WOW, that is an AWESOME two bottom plow. Great Job! Looks like you guys have been getting more rain lately as that grass sure looks nice and green.

" Finally " got a #30 carb ,only took me about a year lookin around for it. The plan now is to soak it ,tear it down and put all new parts back in it along with a throttle bushing. Gonna make a list and order from the guys above.

I'm new to this forum. I just bought a Cub Cadet 126 in pretty bad shape but running without smoke. My neighbor and I have disassembled it and plan to have the major parts (excluding transmission and engine) sandblasted. The rest will be cleaned with wire brush, degreaser, etc. My goal is to return it to "near" original condition (not an exhaustive restoration). My first question (of many) regards paint. I bought the correct IH yellow and white paints, at a high price. Was that the right thing to do in terms of eventual resale value? We plan to spray paint with some type of primer applied beforehand. Thanks

Hmmm... Yes, it was the right thing to do. Trouble is the resale comment. Once you get it going and all prettied up and see what it will do, ANY paint you use will probably be old and faded before you sell it.
happy.gif

Welcome to the Forum!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hey guys, I finally got to mow my yard this year with the drought and all. It was sitting all summer so the battery was week and I jumped it with my car. started up great and used a full tank of gas. I shut it off to talk to the neighbor and when I went to start it up again there was nothing. Not a click or anything. I thought maybe it was the battery so I tried jumping it again but still nothing.

I have checked the battery with my multimeter and it has 11+ volts. I checked the solenoid and it is getting 3.-+ on the big terminal coming from the battery. and that's were it stops. I tried jumping the two big leads on the solenoid and it sparks, got movement from the starter/generator once but not a lot and it was just that one time. I jumped the small post to the large from the battery and I do not hear any clicking either.

I took off the starter and looked inside. The brushes still have a lot of contact on them, only reason I took it off was because I know the two post seem delicate. the F side likes to turn with the nut a lot. I saw it has a lot of wire still connected but the post is loose and turns, I assume it is a plastic socket that locks in some how? and it may be stripped. I thought maybe I could bypass every thing and jump the + from the battery. to the F on the starter but I just got some sparks.

have you guys ever seen where it would start, run for hours then just nothing? is my starter bad or hopefully something more simple.

I found this link but I do not have someone to help turn the key while I test

http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13826

@Bill, That would be a leaf vacuum running off a rear pto. Thats my guess, anything technical or specific I am not the guy. Just wanted to test my own knowledge
happy.gif

BILL - I've seen that pic before... many many years ago on here. I think it's some sort of contraption for vacuuming up bugs.

looks like maybe a trash vacuum but I see no cloection bin?? but maybe what Denny said a bug sucker

Steve B. Your plow is one sweet item! Great job!!!

David S. That is one sharp 1650. I wish that I could go Saturday.

Ryan M. I just looked up the price of the NOS shifter that was in the box of spare parts that came with your 128... You just about got that tractor for free. (I'm too lazy to look up the NOS wire harness and the NOS still in package throttle cable. However if you add those along with the shifter... Your 128 was FREE!!!) Now you need to consider taking it to the Ottummwa Plow Day next month. I'll drive it while you drive the Keepsake 1650 or the 782D.
244575.gif

Update

IH-544135-R1 128 Cub Cadet Shift Lever

$111.71

Back