• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan W.
Since I have no idea what your talkin about or how ya got there, here's how I got to what belt goes with the 782. Which BTW is the same belt that my 782D uses.
I bring up the page, enter in the Model number, it finds all those that have 782 in it.
64749.jpg

I click the model I want,
64750.jpg

Then I go to Illustrated parts list,
64751.jpg

Then I click on attachments,
and then on on the 358 44C 44" deck,
64752.jpg

The on hanging frame & mule drive,
64753.jpg

and I come up with, The belt for the 782 with a 44" deck.
64754.jpg

If you come up with something else, I think your clickin the wrong buttons.

biggrin.gif

Charlie,
I think he meant this arrow. When you hover it says supersession.
64761.jpg

This is the pop up.
64762.jpg

Well ya dint say the arrow in the yellow row, LOL
I have no freakin idea what that is. We'll have to find someone smarter than both of us to find out.
biggrin.gif

Is does say in the notes,
Tractor serial number below 821,059 & Same as 44C & 50C Deck.

Maybe that's what it refers to.
confused.gif

Hey guys. I bought a 123 Hydro that's been sitting for several years. After a carb clean up and carb kit, got the motor running pretty good, just still needs a little fine tuning, but not bad. The problem I'm having is with the hydrostatic transmission. The 2 check valves on top of the transmission don't seem to want to stay up. When you change from back form tow mode to drive mode, the pins aren't coming back up. Any idea what my next step should be? Overall, everything else seems to be in pretty good order, just needs a good de-greasing! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve T.
Here's the way I get the little buggers to work right.

Get some PB Blaster or Kroil. Spray them down real good. Let'um set for a day, Wire brush them super clean all the way down as far as you can go,then tap them down just a little with a hammer. Take a pair of pliers, grabbing them as high as you can and twist them back and forth a little. When they do break loose, continue the above procedure until they go all the way down, but not far enough to where you can't grab'um with needle nose pliers and pull them back up. Once you do all that, you should be good to go

Charlie, since its quiet tonite...a few ?? from the curious. Are W/F front axles wider than N/F? Are W/F's built beefier than N/F's? I ask because recent probs people had with axle pivots and one man said a bushing broke out that holds the pivot on his Cub, my 147 is just stamped steel.

Allen S.
The wide frame axles are about 2 3/4" wider than the narrow frames on my tractors anyway.
I've never seen anything other than stamped steel for the axle pivot bracket on any Cub.
I think it just depends on how much abuse the tractor has taken over the years on when and where they break.
I've been lucky, I've never had or even seen one broken.

Thanks Charlie. Other than those little buggers, tractor runs pretty good for sitting so long...about 6 years in a garage as best as the previous owner could guess. Some new tires, carb kit and a good degreasing and it's in pretty good shape.

Latest posts

Back