• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, yep it is 2050036U392775. I looked up 0036 in Updike's book but that particular number wasn't listed.

Michael, part of that number, the 036, is the "kind code" for a model 73.

Kraig, Thanks for verifying that.
New question: I expected to see a metal nomenclature plate on the engine, but found a foil label instead. Looking at the spec (281169j) it is correct for a K161 lg bore. The serial number 3132909 indicates a 1971 manufacture, so I'm thinking this is the original engine. Just surprised to see the foil label:

64739.jpg

Michael, interesting label. Perhaps Terry will get off of his recliner again and take a photo of the Kohler label on his 73......

can anyone please give any info on a 104 such as the years they were produced and are they a good a tractor as their predecessor's

Glen.
This is a shot of my 100-gofast/high-clear
64742.jpg

There is no room for a mower deck to fit due to the size of the rear tires.
Also the higher you raise a cub the more unstable they get and I would not recomend mowing on any hill side with a cub that has been raised.

A side note.
I have removed the taller tires and lenghten spindles and replaced them with the correct size tires as the tractor was just far to tippy for use in the woods or on uneven ground.

Hi U'll
thumbsup_old.gif

I found out that the pin that holds the pin in the front axle broke and let the pin slide forward. That was all that was wrong with the front axle on my 149. If I put the pin back in and replace the soild pin with a roll pin will it hold was good as a soild pin or broke quicker.

Hello everyone, i'm new around here. aquired a 1650 hydrostatic about a month ago, #556930. it's got a 16 hp kohler thats runs good. I have to tap the starter with a hammer every once in a while, probably needs rebuilt. It came with a IH plow and bar tread tires. It needs a good cleaning but is in pretty good condition otherwise. I'll try to figure out how to put up some pics. Any tips or knowledge of any kind is appreciated.

Hey Terry, what Kraig said....How about a pic of the engine info?

Jessee, welcome. Things a little quiet around here tonite. A quick note about the FAQs on top of page, there is a second FAQ on top of 1st batch of stuff. Also how to post pix is there. all sorts of neat stuff to keep you busy for a couple hours.
err.gif

Working on the 126 again tonight. I've been punching these "roll" pins, or whatever they're called, out left and right. Are these items that can be purchased at any hardware store? The reason I ask is that some of mine are breaking when they come out. If they are not available, what do you recommend to use in their place? Thanks.

Steve,

Thanks for the input yesterday. I think I might just stay with the manual clutch. This is a 1974 149 that has been in my family since new but has not run in many years. I have always loved this old tractor and the one made today are no where near the machine.

Kraig
The deckis definately a 44, I have 2 more like them from a 1250 & a 782. I gave away the 42 deck that I had,that came with a 108 I have done nothing with, to my neighbor who has a 129 that his deck had rusted through.When I bought the 104 that will soon be a 124, the deck was attached and looked like it fit fine. If it does I'll post some pictures
ihrotate.gif

OK, I give up...I've been thru the FAQ and the archives and the Belts FAQ and I can't find the PTO belt length for my 782 with a 44" deck. The guide says 77.5" or 78" but either the one I picked up at TSC is the wrong length or I don't have the right length. Does anyone know the size of that belt or the part number??? Even the Cub dealers says there are three different belts for the 44" deck. It's drivin' me nuts.

Craig E.
I guess ya missed this page.
http://cubfaq.com/belts.html

And where it says, a 782 with a 44" deck takes this belt.
44" 954-3003-5/8 X 72"
Also, if you click the Cub Cadet Parts lookup button and put 782 in for the model and click on attachments, you will see that it says it takes a 754-3003 which is the old IH number for the belt.
64747.jpg

This is my first time on the forum.I was just given a Red 782 made in 1980,from my brother.
the tractor is in great shape and has all the origional equpt. on it.It has been garage kept, and not been started for 2 yrs. I put a chrger on the batery and it fired rigft up. I will send you some picts later.
I made a trip to the local IH CASE dealer and got all the goodies to change the fluid in the hydro and trans.The guy behind the counter was very helpful, knew most of the numbers without looking them up. I also got a IH dump cart with the tractor.
Thanks for the info on the web site.

olecoon}}}}

Charlie,
On the left side, there is an arrow.
If you click on that arrow, USUALLY you'd be provided with the 'Super-Session' part number.
In this case it's: #954-3003A and is described as: 5/8" X 89 1/2".
Which is 17-1/2" longer than the original belt description.
What's up with that?
Ryan W

Latest posts

Back