• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 22, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
By Norm Bartee (Nbartee) on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 05:32 pm:

When I exchanged a unported hydro to a ported one, I repaired the trunion. But the 682 is still real jerky in forward & reverse. Any ideas why?

Norm B. Try Page 16 Sauer Danfoss 15 Series Service Manual... SYSTEM JERKY WHEN STARTING.

On the left side... scroll down to page sixteen and click on it. When it appears it will be sideways. Put your mouse on the page and right click. You can the rotate the page for easier reading.

It's more than likely one (or both) of your check valves.

Here is a suggestion... If you have a KNOWN TO BE GOOD set of check valves the replace ONE AT A TIME a check valve currently in your tractor and then drive it around awhile. If the jerky movement is gone the you replaced the right check valve. If not then try the other check valve.

Please let us know what you discover and what you did to solve the problem.

Dan-

The 8.5" tires use a 7" rim, and the 10.50" tires use an 8.5" wide rim.

Darrell-

He asked if the frame are the same...the answer is technically no, for the reasons stated by others. And they are both high-tunnel, but are not (easily) interchangeable.

John B. About what Cub Cadet to get. Get one of each. Then you'll need attachments for all. My first Cub Cadet was a 125 so I'm knda partial to the zig zag kids.
happy.gif

Bill James, you are correct in assuming my 1250 has no lights. The previous owner added a forward light and rear facing light on top of the cab, along with flasher lights. I thought maybe the cab was homemade and just had decals added, but the snap-on front shields look factory to me. Yes, the pictures were taken from the add since we don't have snow yet. When I get some time I'll snap some more of my new toy. JohnW

John, a 1250 would have came with lights and makes me wonder if the decals are correct for the tractor. He may have blocked them off but it could be 1200, 1100 or even an 800.

Is it gear drive or hydro?

Bill James, I just thumbed through the manual, which covers the 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450 and 1650, and it seems the 1450 and 1650 came standard with lights and light switch, but the 1250 it says those things are optional. So, I guess mine came without light from the factory. And yes, it has Hydrostatic drive so I'm sure it's a real 1250. JohnW

I have broken the drive pin, front of driveshaft, rear of motor, even with the shaft on my 125. I have tried to drive the pin out with no luck. It stopped in a bad place and the tow lever is broken. So, it will not move nor can I tow it. Any suggestions?

John, sorry, I thought lights were standard on the 1250.

I really like the matching decals on the cab.

David: There's a chance that you can remove the plate from behind and below the seat and reach in with a thin piece of wood or something and depress the relief valve "buttons". However -- if they're rusted up you may never get them back up again!
sad.gif

Hey guys,I've got a stubborn hydro lever on a 107 I'm trying to get off.The set screw is out and i've soaked the base of the lever for a few days now.What's the best way to get it off?
TIA
Dave

Wayne Shytle

The plan is for the 450 snow blower to go back on my 1512 Diesel this fall. now that camping and the pool time is just about over because of the cooler temps here I will have more time to spend on my tractors. I also finally have someone to replace me at Lions bingo after doing Cash for 9 years and have gave notice to the local trail association that they will need to find another treasurer also after 5 + years. So I made a lot of people unhappy this week.

David Gallagher

Do you have a pin punch ? the removal of the pin is much easier if you have the correct tool. The pin punch will start the center of the pin moving and its a lot easier to remove. also have a close look at the pin and you can sometimes see the end that was driven in first. the center of the pin will be dented in. If you hit one end and the pin does not want to move , try the other end BTDT and it makes a big difference in removal time.

Marlin Homrighausen

I think sitting on the seat of your tractor looking down at the hyd valves the left valve is the forward valve! I hope that helps ,its been awhile since I had that problem.

old.gif

DonT - Take the treasury money back and they'll quit being mad ... <font size="-2">(and IF you really took it I want half)</font> <font size="-2">(converted of course)</font>
I wish you guys would quit talking about snow !
My reverse valve is bigger than my forward valve due to a mishap while walking a one inch board fence @ 7 yrs old ...

David G - IF you use a hammer and punch be careful that you don't brad the pin.

Dave C - I had the same problem on my 129 and I never did get it off. I think they may wear some from being pushed to hard. It might have twisted the spline some. You could try holding the shaft with Vise Grips and use a big wrench on the lever at the hub to try and work it back 'n forth a fraction.
I finally gave up on mine but I never tried to do that to it.

Donald T. It's been awhile for myself however I do believe that you are correct with which check valve is forward on the hydro.
happy.gif

Anyone out thee have a good cure or fix-all for a bad sinus headache? Allergy pills don't seem to help.

Marlin; I breath steam from boiling water for a sinus headache.
David If the broken pin don't want to move take the driveshaft out before you destroy a engine bearing like i did.

coffee.gif

Dave C,
I used a propane torch gingerly to heat up the lever while prying up with a adjustable wrench from underneath... seemed to work good, nothing else did...
lazerburn.gif

Terry B,
I have a 126 that is about half restored... frame & drive train is done with all new wiring. I like the look of the 102 better & was hoping to put the fenders, grill, & hood from my 102 on the 126 frame since its done. Guess I will just have to finish the 126 then start on the 102.

Thanks for the info guys.

Marlin Homrighausen

(Anyone out thee have a good cure or fix-all for a bad sinus headache? Allergy pills don't seem to help.)

I discovered this by accident. warm Salt water will dry up your sinus.flush your sinus with salt water and you will have no pain BTDT

I`am off this am to get a dump trailer to haul some chicken poop and a load of crusher dust . that will give my 129 loader some work when I get the three loads home.

Dave Charette

(I've got a stubborn hydro lever on a 107 I'm trying to get off)

I have found its easier to take the bolts out of the steering box and then you can slide the shaft up so you can get under the hydro lever with a block of wood and give it a tap with a hammer , don`t forget to remove the set screw. It will come off that way. Well it worked for me.
thumbsup_old.gif

Marlin, Try* neti pot .org*.... [Nasal Saline Irrigation]
Shift.gif
That should help clear your sinus so you'll have a more enjoyable time smelling & hearing those IH Cub Cadets U love !

Dave C., a tip I learned from Art Aytay is to tap down on the hydro lever with a hammer. Be sure to use a block of wood to protect the lever. This will break the splines free from any rust, then you can usually work it off by hand. I have the opposite problem on my #2 125, worn splines and the hydro lever wont stay on.
angry.gif

Latest posts

Back