• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 22, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don - Welcome to THE site !

Leaving the key ON and by chance the points closed makes a complete circuit with no were to go. You're lucky it didn't catch fire.

Replace the coil.

Don,
My guess is the coil cooked from having the switch left on. I made that mistake once on an original with a dead battery. I hooked the charger on it and left it overnight, forgot to turn off the switch. The next morning my dad's shed was full of smoke and the coil had literally melted into a puddle on the floor. Very lucky it didn't start a fire.

Tom H.

No that is where I am confused and decided that it was good for the night until I post and reference the manuals. tim p

I only have pics of one Cub Cadet that is at CUB-A-RAMA in Fredricktown, Missouri. Sorry about that. Was too busy selling, buying, and talking Cub Cadets with people there.

An Original with a creeper. Extremely rare creeper.
230824.jpg

230825.jpg

Is the coil just a 12 volt automative coil I could get at a auto parts store or is special to koler?

Don Joy, This was just discussed here last week or two. The coil must have an internal resisitor. If I'm wrong someone can correct me.

Don, as Melody stated, its a special coil. If you need to go local, check repair shops that fix industrial (landscapers) mowers. Your looking at $40-$50.
Sponsors above also have them if you can wait a few days.

'Morning All...
wave.gif
First of all ... Norm B. It's PAGE FIFTEEN and not sixteen of the Service Manual for your hydro problem.

To all those that offered the allergy/sinus suggestions... THANK YOU!!! I'll be trying them.

Art A. and Kirk L. Really cool pictures. Thank You for sharing them.

I finally had a chance to mow some lawn yesterday after getting home from work. Last weekend was O.T. on the ony good day to mow and then it rained on Sunday. Hopefully today, I finish mowing as soon as the dew is gone. The 125 continues to be my most reliable and trouble free Cub Cadet for mowing. A drivebelt literally fragmented on the Keepsake 1650 and part of the belt somehow got into the electric pto clutch.
bash.gif
It was what I thought a good but old IH cub Cadet belt. That happened when it was a hot day though. (Could explain things). Anyway... off for some Cub Cadet mowing and other adventures today. Y'all take care.

KIRK L. - That's not just a creeper on that Original, that's an M&W 9-Speed, an over & under-drive. Ithas the slow speeds like a creeper, plus the factory 3 speeds, PLUS three faster speeds. I think high 3rd was like 12 MPH on them.

Bill DeTurck did a whole bunch of research with people @ M&W and there was only something like 100 of those gearboxes ever made.

That little gearbox is the ONLY reason I would own an Original. It added two inches to the overall length of the tractor but you trpled the number of speeds, which would allow a perfect spewed for about ANY task you could do with 7-8 HP. The fact it made the tractor faster than any other CC by 50% was a huge plus.

Latest posts

Back