• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 04, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonathan S.
Stick with the one piece stems.
Also, it's better to put the tires on, leave the air out. Take cardboard and cut it in a circular pattern, insert it under the rim edge, paint the tires and air'um up.
No scratches, dings or scrapes.

Dan Bauer: You missed a lot! Also, it was MN got the snow, not ME. In WI you're kind of stuck in the middle!
happy.gif
Good to see you back and keep us posted on the 125 progress. I'm making a pet of one and seriously considering painting it red. Previous owner did a pretty good rattle can job on it with, I guess, JD yellow.
Charlie: Thanks for the tip on painting wheels.
thumbsup_old.gif

What gives? With winter coming I installed my blade today, and noticed that it doesn't go all the way down. What do you think the problem might be? Lift rod to short, front tires to tall? Something else maybe? Thanks!
246415.jpg

246416.jpg

246417.jpg

Jeff, Did you put the front tires on recently? Is the adjusting cam set correctly?

Tom, yes the tires are new this year. They do have a very tall center rib on them.
Also, I removed the adjusting cam this morning hoping that would solve the issue.
I have also heard the blade was front a super garden tractor. Would that make a difference?

Might be the wrong lift rod. I think narrow frame lift rods are shorter, some one please correct me if I'm wrong. I have one of both in the garage but I'm not home or I would measure them for you.

If its a IH blade its the lift arm is too short possibly off a qa 36/42 they are shorter, or the new tires are really tall in the center.

did you mix up your lift arms?

I've seen a lot of pictures on this site of cubs with different tire styles. I'm in the process of refurbishing my 982. I am pretty sure I'm going to go with the carousel tru-powers for the rear. I'm having some difficulty on the front tires. I know Tri-ribs will look great. I'm adding power steering to my tractor and sometime I'm going to make a loader for it. Since there will be a loader there will be a lot of stress on the front axle and steering components. I have a feeling any ribbed tires will be harder on the steering components during turning, mostly while turning at a stand still on the ground. I might want to stay with turf tires because I would think they would be more forgiving on the ground surface or grass. Anyone have thoughts, opinions, or experience with this?

Seems like tires come up now and then. Maybe there should be a section in the FAQ's about tire styles?

Jim..Thats kinda where I'm at as far as tires. I would like to get new ones but cant decide on the fronts either. I would also like to know wich tires are easier to steer when your not moving,the ribbed tires or the wider tires.what they call them flotation tires or somthing like that? lol

Brrrr Charlie that looks a lil cold. Im not ready for snow yet,but I guess winter is here a lil earlier than we wanted huh ?

Back