• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 04, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple inches yesterday/last night, but it's about gone now.
But it started snowing again about 4:30 this morning and still spittin, LOL

Mike/Paul,
I did a write up on the brake pads in the machine shop section...
smile.gif

Charlie - GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!! Snow already????
jawdrop.gif

It's going to be a looonnng winter for you northern boys...
angel.gif

Looking forward to seeing some pics of IHCC tractors with blades and blowers in action!

Speaking of blades, can I assume the front blade I got with the 109 only has - get off the tractor and tilt the blade side to side if you want to change the angle vs. something from the seat?

BILL - IH made a hyd angle option or kit for the manual angle blades. You needed auxillary outlets to run the cylinder. Don T has it on his blade I believe. I'm sure he'd like to post pics. Plus others have it as well.

I used a manual angle blade for the first time two winters ago for the little snows, 1-2 inches, plus I think I used it to move about ONE shovel full of snow last winter. I just plow so all the snow goes the same way. When I get about done I may have to set it straight or angle the other way a time or two.

I was really impressed with the way it rolled snow. Half throttle in 2nd gear with the old 70, 6-12 turfs & chains and about 120# of weight on the back and I could roll a FULL blade of snow. More weight, another 100# would have made it ideal. It would scrape right down to bare concrete.

You guys are really something else.Reading your posts is like watching the old Tonight Shows where Ed would say "everything you ever wanted to know" but here it's true; A few weeks ago I pulled the brakes off of my 129 ( I do use them but only to hold it on steep hills) It really needs brakes so I started looking around for the brake materials and found nothing until this morning when I found everything I ever wanted to know including pictures on how to do it, right here ...again. Thanks again and It's not snowing here in House Springs, its in the low 50's with a cold steady rain which is just as bad because I took the day off to cut wood.

snow? already, i dont care for snow very much,my 100 came with a plow on it when I got it,took it off and its been in the shed ever since.

Charlie, you may be lucky for now. Last night a forcaster said parts of North Dakota were gonna get buried in white stuff.

With all of this talk about the white stuff being only two states away (to the northwest), temps in the high 50s low 30s and the leaves are falling like crazy here, it's getting time for me to start thinking about removing my cub from mowing duties and get it ready for snow removal.

Hey Jeremiah - thanks for the come back yesterday. Most of the posts on here don't use the legaleze format. Bullets do work better, but then again they kinda scatter. I actually wanted to thank you for putting those details, and I think it helps many on here who wondered about the differences. Maybe Charlie or Kraig can cut and paste (and re-number) it into an FAQ since it comes up often.

Now, as for everything you wanted to know mentioned by Anthony, I'd say this site rates about 95% (and 5% is kept secret). And everything you didn't want to know, well about 50%. I do wonder if ND got buried in snow?

Daniel G - my suggestion would be to start thinking about getting another Cub. Each one should have it's own separate duties. Then you'd be ready for all the seasons.

Dennis Frisk , Bill

I do have a IH power angle kit I bought from hydro Harry and installed it on my 1512 . I do like the way I can change angle from my tractor seat. I have used it to push me back when the blade gets stuck in a snow bank and the tractor will just spin , that few inches sometimes gets me out of the snow bank.

246390.jpg

246391.jpg

Dennis & Don - thanks for the info on the blade angle from the seat or not. Reason I asked is one of my other color tractors has a slickery lever that you can manually turn the blade angle from side to side and center while keeping one's buttox firmly on the seat and feet off the ground. That is something I use a lot - that is when we manage to get an occasional snow when I'm at home vs. at the salt mine and can do something with it. I might have to have one of my boys run along aside and manually adjust the blade for me in absence of some otherwise mechanical way to turn the blade from the seat....

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

More likely, my Boys will have me turning the blade while they plow - AND give them a shove when they find their way into a ditch...
facepalm.gif

On another note - I'm getting tired of tinkering with the other - other color tractor and thinking about doing a bit of work on the 1650 this weekend. It's either that or do some home improvement project...
biggrin.gif
a_weep.gif

Hey Don T - thanks for the plug.

Bill J - say Dennis mentioned the hydraulic angle option kit but before you could put that on your 109 you need to have a hydraulic lift. And once you have the hydraulic lift you could convert (add) a dual spooler value and front outlets, and then you could add the hydraulic angle kit to your snow blade. You might want to consider adding it to your 1650 which will already have the hydraulic lift. Let me know if you're interested in one of these terrific upgrades. My son has all the stuff (dual spooler valve, front outlet lines, hydraulic angle kit). It gets pricey but the guys that have it all call it the Cats blankety blank.

Bill Jamison

I had thought that a power door lock or trunk release motor . That would lift the pin and a snow pile could be used to angle the blade. I know these can be bought for ATV snow blades but I bet it would cost a few $$$.

Maine has 1st snow already! WOW,welcome to winter
happy.gif

I'm prepping to get back to wrenching on my 125 after an incredible busy summer. im sooo happy to get back to the relaxing therapy of Cub Cadet!

did i miss much here? lol
danWI

Thanks Bryan It runs like a sewing machine no smoke one small oil leak on plug . Has front hydraulic plugs and rear pto,brinly plow and 50 inch deck . Almost a shame to say I stole it but such a good deal for what I paid. Just recently added some v61s on front and carlisle on back. Now I'm workin on repainting the briny ,trying to some ideas on what they originally looked like. I forgot about the M F. 42 inch tiller also throwed in on the deal.

Oh trust me I'd love to have another cub, but don't mention it to the Mrs. Since my only one now sits outside under a tarp, I need to use that $$ and put towards a shed. Plus I don't mind having only 1 and doing conversions. Thanks!

I cant remember if it was here,or another forum where I was reading about installing tubes with new tires. I decided to go ahead and strip & repaint a set of front rims. Both tires had tubes in them , the tires are a lil checked.MOre then likely I'm going to buy new tires for them later on. Eitherway I need to get some valve stems, Are them 2 peice bolt together stems any good or should I stick with the narmal 1 peice rubber stems? I know its almost impossible not to scratch up a set of freshly painted rims installing tires back on. Whatcha think?

Back