• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 01, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIKE P. If you noticed down a few posts Frank Currier gave us a NAPA # for a Cub use coil.
worthy.gif
...maybe just look at the points, see if maybe they need to be polished up with a point file. Not sure if the condenser needs changing.
As to the battery, if you have a meter see if your getting 13.5 volts to the battery with the engine at half speed. Maybe you have an old battery, or maybe a regulator/wireing problem.
Happy Labor day to all...
bannana_guitar.gif

Jerry H - is that a 149 that I restored? I don't know how you could get a red button on the PTO handle if I didn't do it. That goes way way way back in time. Was there a discussion on this Forum about it????
That sure is a beautiful picture you posted. I can hardly believe all that grass is so green. I don't see a mowing deck on the 149 so I wondered if you just use it to pull the sweeper? Don't get me wrong tho - the best part of the pic is the beautiful 149.

Mike P - let us know what you finally do after replacing with a correct coil.

Brian B - nice 782 find. Got ags on it to. Not sure I'd be excited about the wife and daughter using it. That kind of stuff always scared me. I always expected to find a tree pulled out or a bush mowed over.

Jerry you must of hogged all the rain, we did not get a drop at my place, that must be an older photo, it looks like when I picked up the 169. I can't imagine green grass right now all I have is brittle grass and dust.

As for women driving cubs all the ones that live at my house can and do run them just fine and probaly gentler than when I do.....

any more info on the red button?

Jerry H, in your profile pic, do you have skinny front tires on that 149? If so, what size? Nick

Nick
The profile pic is my 109 "between the rows tiller" setup. 1A no extensions, rears are 6-12's reversed, and the fronts are 4x8 tri-ribs.
Really enjoyed your 149 pic too!

Jeff that pic is several years old now.

Hydro, We talked about the red button by phone.
I'd like to see all 1x9's done that way.

does any one know if you can remove balance gears and not remove the pins they go on?

Brian, yes that is how you remove them, I use the method found in FAQs

Latest posts

Back