• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 18, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plow is in primer....

245163.jpg

Wheels are IH 935 white...

245164.jpg

and Deestone tri-rib tires and tubes showed up on the doorstep this afternoon....

245165.jpg

Getting closer
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wes-
My "donor" 1250 hydro has no measurable wear on the trunion arm and the original engine was in it with a standard piston. I'm hoping this is going to be just as good of a fix!

I made it too my shop today for a few hrs of clean up and work at my 125 . I need to get it running. It has new piston and rings .030 over bore and crank turned and new rod and valves . I have big hopes for that 12 k .I need to finish the 125 so I can make room for the 123 that Frank C and I have plans for . I want to start that this fall because I`am slow and Frank has a time line for it . My 149 picked up some dirt in the carb and that will need to be cleaned .Lets see how I do lol. Have a great Day !

Denny must have slept in
1a_scratchhead.gif
clappy.gif

I spent last weekend by the Shenandoah River. I didn't find any IH Cub Cadets. But I did find this:

245188.jpg

Ken F

The salt would eat that in a few years here. There were a few of the trucks here years ago . nice find ! , they are great for off roading to the hunting camp. I like low range 4x4 and letem idle along .
thumbsup_old.gif

DON T. - No, I was here at 6 AM as usual. Nice to see Steve B putting the finishing touches on the plow. Of ALL the 2 & 3 bottom scale plows I think he & Chris did the best job of getting theirs to look "Right".

KEN - Nice looking Scout. My Buddy had one, the excuse was it was to haul firewood. Did that. Had a L-O-T of rust, so some body parts were missing. Had the slant4, 152 CID, half the 304 V8, 3 spd floor mount shifter, 2-spd T-case, good old fashioned mud & snow tires. Thing was unstoppable. Thing would idle up hills that I couldn't walk up. He was/is a "Jeep Guy", but the Scout did the off-roading.

Ken - nice looking Scout. My first car was a 1970 Scout similar to the pic you have. It was a lighter shade of blue, almost metallic. Later, I patched some fender holes with aluminum tin from beer cans and painted the body green. It had a 196 cu in 4 cylinder and 4 speed tranny - but first gear was not a creeper. IH was way ahead of their time on SUV's, especially with the Scout II. It's a pity those things rusted so bad and I still twitch at the thought that a company as mighty as IH could have meet with such a fate while Deere seemed to escape it.

So when people ask "why" an IH Cub Cadet, among other thing is - I have a first hand connection to IH out of my past and the IH Cub helps preserve that memory....
thumbsup_old.gif

I was talking to my cub buddy, and he mentioned that he didn't think the 7hp Kohler engines had a dipstick. Did any of the 7hp Kohler engines have dipsticks?

Alex,

My 70 with a 7 hp K161 has a dipstick. Every 7 hp K161 that I saw had a dipstick. The 14 hp K321 in my 147 has "two" dipsticks. The actual dipstick on the cam cover on the left side of the engine block, and a disfunctional one that is just for show on the tube where the dipstick is found on other K models.

Reminds me of when I purchased that 147 at an estate auction. Guy pulled the disfunctional dipstick and said "this engine is shot, the owner didn't keep the oil level full". I got that one for a good price.

BTW - I've been called a disfunctional disptick more than once!

ALMOST every Kohler K-161 had a dipstick like the one described below. the Cub Cadet Original had a shorter dipstick (almost like an oil check plug with a little rod through it) on the right hand side of the tractor. It was below the starter generator, and was threaded into the block. Ive had many people ask me where the "dipstick" on an Original was.

K161 screw in style dipstick:

245203.jpg

245204.jpg

K161 friction fit style dipstick:

245205.jpg

Kraig

got any brinly cultivator pics got one in a box ,and wondering if I have all the pieces... mine is older sleeve hitch probubly early-mid 60s
tia Rob

Art-

Here's some 169 engine/tractor info for your records:

Engine: K 341A (13 fin)
Serisl #6166361
Spec #71154a

Tractor: 2050048U514467 (tag located on left side of frame by pedal)

This tractor is owned by a gentleman named Howard and lives about 20 minutes from me. He/it needs quite a bit of work and he dropped it off this morning as sort of a "phase one" in repairs. He also knows I plan on owning it someday which tells him I'll do my best in any repair I undertake. In other words, I'm fixing it like it belongs to me. He wants to hold on to it for now.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Just how much of that is still around in parts ?Are new parts still out there ??? I have that cc525 and would love to have all of it ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig

mine is a cc 500 thanks for the pics mine looks complete with even a few extra pieces

Back