• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 18, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne - I knew you had alot of angles to try and get one, but this approach is a long shot. Don't you think the more you keep fixin' it the longer Howard is gonna use it?

Harry-

To me it's no big deal. If I had to have one I'd be advertising and eventually find one. It would be nice to fill my 1x9 series like Jeff did recently but I have way too much to do now as it is. I think once Howard sees a nice 149 with all of the same options he may go ahead and let me add the 169 to my collection. It is in pretty ruff shape and when he sees what things cost a little at a time then that may help convince him as well. He's coming over tomorrow and we are working on it together starting with the steering. It has a make shift tie rod now and requires an acre field to turn around either way. The axle channel needs squeezing badly (lots of slop) and the steering box needs going through completely. We removed the tunnel cover while he was here this am and found zero blades on the fan, a very dirty pump, and lots of slop in the hydro linkage. I told him about the trunion slot and what's involved in splitting the darn thing to get to it. I think he wants the steering fixed and that's all for now but maybe after I explain things like heat build-up and the importance of the fan and cleaning he might come around. It does have all of the proper muffler, heat shield, etc. including the hour meter in the side shield. He has never used the hydraulics at all because he only uses it to pull a yard trailer. The engine doesn't smoke at all either which I take as a big plus. I'm getting the idea he wants a 3pt installed and then he'll need a sleeve hitch and then a plow/harrow so maybe these things will make that equiped 149 look even better.

Wayne Shytle

Save yourself some greif and give him another running tractor that you now have repaired. (trade!!!) And then your finished and fare with him and you now own the 169!
1a_scratchhead.gif
beerchug.gif
greenthumb.gif

Wayne and Don - well now that I understand the condition of the 169 I see where you're going. I think Don has the right answer and it's what you seem to be working toward. I'm glad it's got the proper muffler as well. You just can't find one now. And by the way, based on the tag info, 514467 was built June, 1974.

Wayne, take care of that one, so it sounds like it has hydraulic lift on it, what about lights?

The June build date is early in the 169 build time frame, Mine is a September baby.

post a picture of that bad boy

That is probably what will eventually happen but this way I may make some money working on a tractor I may someday own. I never charge anything near what the labor is worth because I enjoy working on and learning the CCs. The 169 only has hydraulic lift and headlights which are suppose to be there but nothing else. He's an old Carolina boy like me and has a garden, cans veggies, etc. and he's mentioned wanting to use the 169 in the garden. He looked over my 1650 with the tiller today and started asking what one would cost for his tractor. I went to start it to show him how it operates and it wouldn't start (I've since got it running). He then saw the 129 which has a sleeve hitch for the turning plow/harrow and asked about that. Once I know how he operates a machine I may even offer some of my equipment to work his garden. He did say he'd like to see one in action in a garden. I would have offered to do something in my garden but we had about 5" of rain a couple of days ago.

It will be an ongoing thing I think because we both enjoy talking tractors and such and don't live that far apart. None of my "local" friends are tractor nuts like me.

Time will tell.

Jeff-

I may post a pic tomorrow but it's not very handsome right now. I guess I need to so I'll have a "before" to compare with the "after" (if I live that long).

Wayne Shytle

hold in there my friend you Will make it ! The 169 had a few things that started with the 129 . Do that it`s good . You know how to make it run nice. So do it and post a few pictures along the way , just for us.
worthless.gif

Hey Jeff - Oct was the best month for the 169's some of them got pre and post production changes like the one in my profile - has pre-production wide offset front wheels, and post production hood hinge (like the Quiet Lines built the next month), and a couple other things I don't recall right now. Ooh, that red button on the PTO engagement lever, that's my own thing, since it engages an item that can be considered dangerous I thought it best if it was red (IH Red of course).

Wayne Shytle

Thanks for the friendship , I don`t have a 169 here and think that I should .I hope to visit and take a tractor home with me .It I know would be Fun to visit and spend a few days. we could
beerchug.gif

and have a great time with your Cubs.When we parted we would both know we have had some time worth spent. Dang you all remember marry Jain !1800 songs that I like to play, Frank likes (The sinking of the Edmonton Fitzgerald . I like what I like~!

Back