• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you hate it when you spend almost as much for clutch parts as you did on the tractor?

I've never had to replace clutch parts on a hydro... hmmmm.

Hi Guys,

A friend and I recently sandblasted and primed my QA 42 snowthrower shell with a spray gun using white Krylon primer sealer. The next morning we noticed lots of light brown specks and spots on the primed metal that appeared from out of nowhere....what's going on with that? Eventually we're planning to paint it with PPG ShopLine paint. Will that work OK? Any insight or advice would be welcomed -- we're new to this. Thanks!

Kendell I. I'm just checking in briefly before going to try and relax in the recliner. Our little indoor girl kitty, Tootsie will get up on my lap and massage my leg and then lie with her one paw stretched out and her claws gently embracing my jeans. Sometimes she gets real close to my face as if she's checking my temperature before settling down on my lap. (I think she's taking nurses classes or studying to become a people doctor.)

I love the neat pics of the Cubs. I try and reead most of the posts. As usual... I am beat. Catch ya all later.

Steve:
Sandblasting removes all of the oxidation that normally protects the surface of steel, along with removing any paint.. Most primers are not waterproof - I've got a F-100 roof that's proof of that... Most sandblasted steel will start showing a haze of surface rust in as little as an hour in humid surroundings - I'm guessing that you're seeing surface rust peeking through the primer. Primed steel should be sealed as soon as possible if there is much humidity in the air.. If it is rust, I hate to tell ya, but you really should start over.

Other possibilities? Bad primer or maybe oil in the air line?? Got any pics??

Just a little more tonight.Add a weight box that Frank C HAD lol 150 plus lbs and the wheels a heavy set of the plastic covered weight and a set of IH weights. And my 230 so i should be able to carry some weight. The front spindles have Trailer stub axels ( greasable) welded on, so that makes the front axle wider at 39 " outside the tires. Here is were i`am at.
179931.jpg

179932.jpg

179933.jpg

Do you want me to stop???? later Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

Figured out my spark problem. Bad wire between the points and coil. Is there anything magic about this wire or can I just make my own and replace it?

B:
It should be able to conduct electricity - stay away from that all cotton or all paper wire - it should have a copper core....
1a_scratchhead.gif

(Use a stranded #16 copper wire with a good insulation - it'll do just fine)

Don T.: Looking really, really good! Don't stop, yet! Beaulah might let you borrow her steering wheel dekal. Gonna have lights? Sure gonna be nice to see that bucket with a nice, sloppy load of MUD in it!
thumbsup_old.gif

Snow here, today.
bash.gif

BJohnson: You hit a problem that few think about right off, especially when that wire is broken off or just one or 2 strands of wire are holding it to the points UNDER the cover.

Frank C
yep the biggest load I can find. This is for you and Charlie ,because he gave me the key tag to use on my Cub . later Don T
Oh Frank I Had to get this Cub usable there is a 1512 D coming here on Saturday
shhh.gif

179936.jpg

Latest posts

Back