• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
Here's all I found so far.

Filtersource Model Number: 28-0936
Stens Part No. 120-265
NAPA Part Numbers: Gold 1410 & 1084

Partsmaster 61085, AC PF13, Fram PH16, Champ PH253, Hastings LF107, Purolator L14670, Wix 51085, JM 204

Fram PH16 is an Oil Filter, not hydraulic.
Partsmaster is an Oil filter too.

Oh boy!! I can't hardly waite until its time to plow some more ground.
32648.jpg

Enough with the snow already, I want to play in the dirt again.
whistling.gif

Got the project Original torn down CCOriginal #682 ist month of production.Put the topshaft and rear PTO in.Need to rebush the axle housings,hope to paint the rear end this weekend.
32651.jpg

32652.jpg

32653.jpg

32654.jpg

32655.jpg

Charlie, thanks for the info on the filters. Nice tires and rims, looks like they are slightly narrower than the old Cub Cadet floatation tires. :eek:)

Cub 1450 (Kohler k321 engine?) exhaust elbow re-visited:

Has ANYBODY replaced an exhaust elbow on this engine?

Just simulating the replacement of my broken-off exhaust elbow, it looks obvious that when threading it, it will make interfering contact with the governor cross-shaft bushing nut. IS this true? do I have to remove the bushing nut?

Ted B:

How about snapping a picture of your delema and posting here to see what you are talking about.
dunno.gif

I WILL do that. Question to a moderator:

I recall that I have tried to post a "wanted" post in the classified section, but was told I do not have authorization or something like that. Do I need special authorization to post classifieds OR photos?

OK, just read the FAQ about uploading pics. Unless I need Special Permission, I'll do that tomorrow.

Ted, All-

Be sure to read all the pertinent info before attempting to post in some of the different areas of this forum. A quick read of the FAQ or the introductory material at the top of each and every screen that you use to access each and every area of this forum will provide all the information you need to post to these areas.

Some you won't even be able to access without asking for the privilege.

Jochua, see that picture of Hank's book at the top of the page? (It's a blue colored book with yellow lettering stating "Cub Cadet The First 45 Years") If you click on that it'll take you to the website where you can order Hank's book.

Ted,

I out one in a 16hp not long ago.....no real big deal. It's not too big of a deal to pull the gov. arm and the carb for that matter. 1/2 hour tops to install it (even it you did remove the carb/gov. linkage)....another 1/2 hour to put it back together, and then a 1/2 hour for a good tuning/gov. set-up.

Charlie- Received my new tires and rims last week. Wish I'd ordered several more...can't beat the price and FAST shipping. Been busy with that creeper and clutch so have not put them on yet maybe this weekend.

Found this on a 1450 ignition switch connector. I cut away the top corner section so you can see where it burned through to the next section. No way you could see it until you removed the brass push-ons. Another place to check if your having electrical problems.
32659.jpg

(Message edited by jgeorg on December 01, 2005)

John G:

As a suggestion, based on my experience, if that connector is burnt, the likelihood that the corresponding terminal on the switch is also burnt. Something to also check.
thumbsup_old.gif

Steve:

My concern is the governor cross-shaft that sticks thru the big bushing nut. If the SHAFT is in the way, it looks like it has to be drawn out from inside the case?! I don't want to get into the engine case at all.

Did you have to dis-assemble the governor assy in this vicinity at all in order to screw the exhaust pipe in?

Roland, I was replacing the switch when I found it. Napa sells just the crimp on replacement inserts. I pretty much changed them all out on the Cub. Polished up the blades that plug into em. Should be good for another 30 years.
wink.gif

(Message edited by jgeorg on December 01, 2005)

I didn't see where any of the sponsors sell tire chains. Anyone know of a good source for tire chains? I bought a QA42 yesterday and would like to put some chains on the 1650. Thanks.

Throttle knob keep pulling off? A small roll pin almost looks like it belongs there. IMHO
32662.jpg

Latest posts

Back