• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AFter today I realize how nice hydros are. Gear drivens are just to easy to stall without creaper

I HATE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry.gif

I also hate frozen choke cables, and frozen sidewalks, and runnin outta rock salt half way through a job. I also hate having to almost kill myself walkin to my mailbox... wawawa complain I know, but all I want is SNOW...
On to another topic.
Charlie, on your cabbed 149 (yellow narrow front wheels)how are your side panel(s) held in place? and what are they made of?

Kriag,
Same model tire. The ones that were on the 582 went onto the 782D and is now located in Tennessee someplace.

Yup Kentucky, We're both grads of "Harde Knox University".
old.gif
stupid.gif

51736.gif

Is that the best you guys can do ? I try to fire you guys up and that's all the come backs I get ?

Wild Bill - I'll thank you several times over IF you buy me all those fancy toys for my 2166 so I can do the field testing for you ;) I'll give a full written report at the end of the trials.
If I want to see The Best Blower action shot I'll request that Charlie re-post the pic he had last winter of his blower throwing snow to the top of light poles.

Charlie - hint hint
happy.gif

Lee - I guess with the Kohlers having a CR that would be the best way to test. Hadn't thought about that. I may have finally found a use for the gauge I have!

Mac - Your Blue Tooth sounded like crap! It was all splattered (kinda like over modulated)! Like I told ya, go to work for JD 'cause they have better phones. At least I guess they should have better phones to handle all the complaints they get !!!

Bruce - Yep the 102 tire might be better as it'll try to cut in and not try riding ontop like a wider tire.

Gots a couple three repair question to ask.

How do I remove the pulley from a start/gen when the half moon key has been sheared off and the entire shaft turns inside the pulley?

Would it be safe to take apare the start/gen, than clamp onto the shaft on the far end from the pulley with a vice grip or bench vice to keep it from turning while trying to remove the nut on the other end?
Or will that damage the shaft and make it unuseable again?

Lonny,

Just clamp down on the outside of the armature in a vise after taking apart the starter-gen. The other secret to getting the pulley off after the nut is removed is to just bang the pulley end of the armature shaft down on a soft block of wood. The pulley and the pulley end bearing casting will slide right off the shaft without risking bending or breaking things with a puller.

When I worked in a auto electric shop we had a block of lead on the bench that was reserved for that purpose (instead of using a soft wood block).

Lonny,

and in the shop, the procedure of just banging it on the lead block only took a second which was a lot faster than digging out a puller, etc

Qusetion: Does anybody have any ideas on a better way to connect the hydro. lift handle to the hydro pump? It is a little sloppy after sawing on it for the past couple of days.

Charlie.
I have a 3 jaw puller, it works great, but the nut is still in place. cant get it loose.
Entire shaft is turnning when turning on the nut.

Jim E.
I will give it a try, I was not sure if I would damage the armature by putting it in a vice.
I will be carefull, and only tighten it as much as needed to get the nut loose.

I have been enjoying all the photos of all the snow you all have been getting.
Here in north central Wisconsin all we have for snow is 3 inches at best, and thats been on the ground for the past month.

We have however had our share of cold weather, its been below zero every night for the past 2 1/2 weeks and high only reaching 17 above zero on a couple of days.

Ken,
Let's hope the carb dosen't split, and all I need to do is drop the trap and the fuel bowl on the carb, spray a bit of carb cleaner up into the main jet, flush some fresh gas into the system, and get it back together.

Kentucky Ken: No sir, you have to buy your own implements.......What's wrong??..to damn expensive for you??

I can do a lot of repairs on my old Cub Cadet tractors and implements for a lot less than you paid for just that 2166 with it's mower deck...not to mention all those high priced attachments you want me to buy for you!
screwloose.gif

So, tell me again how great your grass mowing only 2166 is???

Not getting fired up at all, just stating facts.

I went out the other night and with the 125 and QA36 to do the side walk around the nighborhood just about every house you could see someone looking out the window. Not all the time do you hear the roar of a K301 at full power in front of your house at 8:00 PM

Latest posts

Back