• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Front snow plow frame issue 149

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teroberts

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Tom Roberts
Here is a photo of a plow frame included with a 149 we recently purchased.
The seller said he used this plow in the past but suggested we "straighten" up the under frame a bit as it was bent here and there.
I had no idea how this frame was suppose to attach to the tractor but that has never stopped me before so we got the torches out and went to work heating and straightening.
The trouble is I did not realize the rear "fork" attachment was suppose to slide over the running board posts but I figured it out but not until we had used the 2 deck mounts as a guide for the width between the rear fork attachments.
I can re configure the whole thing but I am not exactly sure what the width should be. It seemed to me the deck lifting points would interfere with the rear attachment forks unless they are fairly narrow.
The length between the front locking pins and the rear attachment forks seems to be fine.
I guess I just need to know how wide the rear attachment arms should be.
That is unless this is in fact not a plow frame for the 149. If not I suppose I could swap out the ag wheels chains and weights for the turf tires on the 105 and use that.
I need to push ice away from the overhead and man doors on our studio that some bumble head put on the side of the building when I built it. Ice and snow fall off and pile up and the walk behind snow blower makes a poor plow.

Attachments

• 20231028_151420.jpg
    20231028_151420.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Here is a photo of a plow frame included with a 149 we recently purchased.
The seller said he used this plow in the past but suggested we "straighten" up the under frame a bit as it was bent here and there.
I had no idea how this frame was suppose to attach to the tractor but that has never stopped me before so we got the torches out and went to work heating and straightening.
The trouble is I did not realize the rear "fork" attachment was suppose to slide over the running board posts but I figured it out but not until we had used the 2 deck mounts as a guide for the width between the rear fork attachments.
I can re configure the whole thing but I am not exactly sure what the width should be. It seemed to me the deck lifting points would interfere with the rear attachment forks unless they are fairly narrow.
The length between the front locking pins and the rear attachment forks seems to be fine.
I guess I just need to know how wide the rear attachment arms should be.
That is unless this is in fact not a plow frame for the 149. If not I suppose I could swap out the ag wheels chains and weights for the turf tires on the 105 and use that.
I need to push ice away from the overhead and man doors on our studio that some bumble head put on the side of the building when I built it. Ice and snow fall off and pile up and the walk behind snow blower makes a poor plow.
Maybe this will help.
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/Front 42 Blade WF Install Manual.pdf

Thanks! While it does not give the measurements it does mention bending the forks to fit so I may just take some new measurements and re configure the attachments to fit so as to not interfere with the deck mounts.

Thanks! While it does not give the measurements it does mention bending the forks to fit so I may just take some new measurements and re configure the attachments to fit so as to not interfere with the deck mounts.
That's because the deck hanger has to be removed to put the blade on!

That's because the deck hanger has to be removed to put the blade on!
As I said I have no idea and the guy who sold me the tractor never made mention of removing the deck hanger hardware and it makes no mention of it in the manual.
It does say in the manual to attach the sub frame then attach the blade by at the pivot point with the rod and cotter pins.
I looked at the rod that holds the subframe to the blade attachment and the rod has the cotter pins but it is welded in place so there is no way to slide the rod in or out. Anyway this seems like an easier way to attach the subframe without trying to wrangle it around with the blade attached.
The seller said he only used the plow or the snow thrower but he never mowed with it. Seems strange he had the deck lift points still attached if he only used the plow and blower.
Do you have a link to the manual for the 149 tractor to show removal of the deck lift points?

The blade frame should be around 6” wide at the back. My blade came with a frame to fit a wide frame Cub. To make it fit my 100, I cut the frame behind the plate that ties the sides together. The pieces I cut off were swapped side to side and welded back on. Now, it fits on my 100 and 129. The frame fits between foot rests and tractor frame on both.

Your frame looks like someone straightened the bends to widen the rear to possibly fit a different tractor.

The blade frame should be around 6” wide at the back. My blade came with a frame to fit a wide frame Cub. To make it fit my 100, I cut the frame behind the plate that ties the sides together. The pieces I cut off were swapped side to side and welded back on. Now, it fits on my 100 and 129. The frame fits between foot rests and tractor frame on both.

Your frame looks like someone straightened the bends to widen the rear to possibly fit a different tractor.
We got the torch out and managed to make it fit. I clamped a 1 inch piece of bar stock for a center reference so both sides matched more or less. It was way easier to attach the frame without the plow assembly attached. All is well.
Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back