• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

42 inch Blade w/ Spring trip mounting questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolkp

Hello another question on 42 inch blade, this time on mounting sub frame assembly. 1. Does the back of the frame #15 (slots) go on the inside or outside of tractor frame next to the foot rest? If goes on inside, I am assuming needs to go inside pass the mower deck lift. 2. The mounting rod #14, Is it used in place of bolting the sub-frame that most people use?

I hope the below makes sense

1. On mounting the sub-frame, if it goes on outside of the tractor frame, the back of sub-frame needs to be spread almost 12 inches, and the one got at auction is about 9 1/2 and when I put it on it hits the mower lift lever so will need to squeeze it in more if goes on inside. Most of the pictures I have seen on the internet and YouTube videos it looks like the sub-frame is on the outside of tractor frame in about 2 out of 3 pictures. Also, if the sub-frame goes on the outside, the right side there is not much room between the foot rest and frame to put the sub-frame #15 and lift bracket #21

AAAIMG_3388.jpg
cub snow plow 2.JPG
cub snow plow 3.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG
IMG_3434.JPG

sub-frame placement - outside or inside of the tractor frame????
IMG_3443.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG

It goes outside on a 70, from the picture of the parts breakdown. A full picture of what you have gotten from the auction would help.

Hello another question on 42 inch blade, this time on mounting sub frame assembly. 1. Does the back of the frame #15 (slots) go on the inside or outside of tractor frame next to the foot rest? If goes on inside, I am assuming needs to go inside pass the mower deck lift. 2. The mounting rod #14, Is it used in place of bolting the sub-frame that most people use?

I hope the below makes sense

1. On mounting the sub-frame, if it goes on outside of the tractor frame, the back of sub-frame needs to be spread almost 12 inches, and the one got at auction is about 9 1/2 and when I put it on it hits the mower lift lever so will need to squeeze it in more if goes on inside. Most of the pictures I have seen on the internet and YouTube videos it looks like the sub-frame is on the outside of tractor frame in about 2 out of 3 pictures. Also, if the sub-frame goes on the outside, the right side there is not much room between the foot rest and frame to put the sub-frame #15 and lift bracket #21

View attachment 155037View attachment 155031View attachment 155032
View attachment 155035View attachment 155036
sub-frame placement - outside or inside of the tractor frame????
View attachment 155033View attachment 155034
The manual helps a lot.
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/Front 42 Blade Operators Manual-1.pdf

Latest posts

Back