Archive through November 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would post my August project. A friend at work gave me his 100. (I promised my wife I would never buy another Cub and since then I've been given two).

The 100 had mostly surface rust. I skipped restoring the engine for now. Once I pull it out for service down the road, then I'll clean it up better.

It had been sitting for three years. Changed the oil and it started right up.

216464.jpg

216465.jpg

216466.jpg

STEVE Bauer - That kinda depends on what Onan parts you need. A lot of stuff has gone NLA since the 982 was the only CC to use the Onan engine.

Stuff like oil & air filters, belts, pulleys, etc. should be available from CC dealers, or even JD dealers since they used a LOT of Onan engines in the 1980's.

Some Onan parts are getting really hard to find, Onan was bought by Cummins, then as I understand it, manufacturing contracted out to another company, and when you can find parts they are REALLY expensive.

I'd start looking with our sponsors here and they would either have or could get you most parts. If you need engine rebuild parts that might be harder.

Ray Leo
You have a NICE looking 100 , I have and like my 100,Its agreat tractor and has a rear lift.I went to the storage shed to take a picture of something missing on your fenders. I don`t know if you know it should have these brackets on those fenders. So I had to help If I could. THe 100 is under here.

216480.jpg

So i got myself in to take a picture,just in case

216481.jpg

216482.jpg

and under my 100 . Hope this is some help, And I get to see some yellow and white (needs some paint also) lol. Take no pity on Charlie , post pictures and ask questions .
216483.jpg

Don,
Hey, thanks for the heads up. I do, in fact, have those brackets and plum forgot to install them.

Ray Leo

I do that forget thing
1a_scratchhead.gif
.This wheel has been leaking(filled with chloride) and you have just reminded me to drain the wheel and repair the tube.If I had just 1 cub I would have nothing to
do ,but regular service.Do you have a plan for use of that 100? . I should have drained that wheel and tire when I was done in here for the day.Or oldies of the 60`s and 70`s on the sterio to keep me from running out side
bash.gif
clappy.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

216486.jpg

That wheel is off the 100,the 100 has 1811 wheels on it in that picture.Spare turfs that will stay chained as soon as I get this wheel fixed and back on .
old.gif

I'm back to work on this latest 129. I decarboned the head and just finished lapping the valves. The exhaust valve looked "iffy" so I got another one from another engine. Here is what I found when I removed the points cover.

216489.jpg

I am sure I heard this engine run even with the flywheel nut completely off and the flywheel flopping around on the shaft. It just didn't want to die. Now I'm very glad we didn't drive it onto the trailer.

Don,
Yep, it will become my garden tractor as shown in the pics. I hope to mount the cw-36 before the snow falls, but it's been starting to get sluggish on me: only runs on full choke. So, simple things first. Needs tune up and carb rebuild, I suspect.

One more pic, cause yellow is beautiful. . .
216494.jpg

Don,
One more thing. Sue will be visiting NHM Nova Scotia in January.
216496.jpg

Ray, very nice!
greenthumb.gif

Wayne, wow, amazing it could run with the points broken like that.

Ray Leo

I`am about 60 miles south of Halifax , I have visited there also. Hope She enjoys her visit here. I hope to spread some yellow and white paint soon also..

Wayne Shytle

If I were you I would replace the points pin before you install the new points. It just might be wore some from improper adjustment
yikes.gif
old.gif

Donald,
As much as I like yellar and white paint, DON'T get any on my dinosaur.

Hello, I am brand new to this forum. I have a 1963 Original that I have restored and I just purchased a 100 and 71, I haven't ran the ser numbers to get the years yet. I started tearing into the 100 yesterday and I am starting to get a list of parts I need to buy. Where can I get an exploded diagram with part numbers of this tractor and the 71.

Thanks

Shad, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

If you click on the "Cub Cadet Parts Lookup" button at the top of the page then you can enter in the model number use Cadet as the model for the Original and 71 or 100 for the model number for those tractors. You can then get exploded views with part numbers for them. If the parts are NLA you will not get part numbers for t hose parts. The various forum sponsors (the other buttons at the top of the page) can get you the parts at reasonable prices.

Under edit: I like Scott's use of "70" for the 100, as it returns fewer results to weed through...
thumbsup.gif

If I would have just opened my eyes I would have seen that. Thanks for the quick response. I have some pictures I will post later (I need to make them smaller). Look forward to talking with you guys.

Don T.-

I went on a parts run yesterday which included two push pins. The pin on this engine was worn and had to be persuaded just a tad, not much.

Later . . . .

Welcome Shad!!!
Marlin,I like your Beaver!
216509.gif

Charlie,
those price sheets for the 82 series are they just for the tractor?

Ray Leo,Those are some shiny fenders,what is your T Rex made out of?

Latest posts

Back