• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbartee

displayname
Norm Bartee
Charlie,

That price list was interesting. You, or somebody, wouldn't have a list for the 82's back then, would you?

Norm

Norm B.
216394.jpg

Wayne C., re; spray welding. Yep, a great way to do repairs like the end of a crankshaft. I have also had a crank journal repaired, I wouldn't tell anyone to try it but, It was for a job on a "show" engine. We would run it once in a while but it was really meant to be pretty! LOL..

I can not figure out this blade mount on my 129. I have looked at everything and I am thinking this mount could be the wrong one. Any help?

216412.jpg

216413.jpg

The blade rests about 6 inches off the ground. The lift rod was made by someone, but the length seems to be accurate. This blade came with the 128 I bought, but the PO with that tractor said he used it for years and never had an issue. The top hole seems to be throwing me, what is the purpose of it?

Todd, that appears to be a narrow frame blade sub frame. Here's the style you want:

216415.jpg

If the PO used it with a 128 he must have modified the sub frame. Any chance you could post a photo of just the sub frame?

I was thinking that could be the problem. I will post a pic tomorrow morning after I get it out of the garage. I wonder if I make a bar to go through the upper mount for the quick attach if it would be enough? I guess I might be able to make a longer lift bar too.

Chad M. I may have lead you a little astray earlier with explaining a earlier engine. Still connectors and grounding may be a problem. Matt noted a ground strap...and now I remember a rectifier/regulator block on the engine. Someone else will have to explain where it really is as I have an older tractor. The main point is the regulator must be well grounded to the engine to work properly. Parts drawing shows only one attaching screw...is it loose? I have no idea what happens if that mechanically flops around and has erratic power regulation...maybe again low voltage??? Other Members, anything you can add to help get this thing going? <font size="-2">(It's not a Carnival Cruise Line ship ya' know!)</font>
help.gif

Chad
It may be a good idea to look under the dash tower too! I had an unsheathed cable touch the ammeter posts once and had sparks galore!

Chad,

If you are still looking for it, the voltage regulator is on the right side of the engine (side opposite carb). It is mounted to the engine tins to the rear of the tractor, behind the coil. There is a molded connector that plugs onto the back, and there are 3 leads coming off the regulator. I believe it should have 2 screws that attach it to the tins. Take a look at the connector. On my 1450, one of the leads got loose, causing some heat in the connector, and the middle poll connection came completely loose. I had been mowing and all was fine. I shut the tractor off to move some things in the yard. When I hopped back on it would not start or tuen over. Pushed it into the garage. After a charge on the battery, and tightening and reconnecting the connector to the regulator, all was good. I is a small, flat looking part with a coating that looks like epoxy.

Well my nephew Marty did it again. He done went and painted my #4 IH trailer. He also painted the off topic 982 and then put an IH sticker on the rear. He likes to put on his own little twists such as the black seat platform. I'm happy with his work.
216429.jpg

Snicklas,

Thank you, I do know the part you are referring to and I also found on a parts diagram where the ground cable is supposed to be, though it is a part I will have to make and adapt as it isnt made. The voltage regulator clip has had melting issues over the years that I had to reconfigure so the clips would properly connect. I may need to look at that again. Thanks for the help. It is raining here so I have not had a chance to reexplore these repairs.

Thanks again,
Chad

Kraig M. The Moose is apparently broken. Angel's going to try and fix the fella.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I'll try the beaver for now.
216452.gif

William B. Nice looking Cub and trailer.

Forecast is calling for mixed snow/rain. Time to get the Cub Snow Patrol ready this weekend.

Marlin Homrighausen

Snow ! I`am hopeful for at least a foot here so I get to try out the snow blower.We won`t get snow at the temps we are getting. weather woman here reported snow or rain here for Saturday and the temps she reported just won`t make snow
bash.gif
216456.gif
LOL
216457.gif

Marlin, ah! I thought you created a non animated version, so I added the background. Here's the animated version:

216459.gif

Does anyone have an idea were you can find parts for Onans motor on the 982?

Charlie,

Thanks for the pics, I love stuff like that. I bought my 682 used for $2000 in 1985 which I thought was a pricely sum. I called my Dad and told him something called a "Cub Cadet" was for sale & I needed something to mow my just purchased 1 acre. Without hesitation, he said buy it. He's a born mechanic who's always working on cars & tractors. I've been mowing this acre now for 25 years. During that time, I've replaced a couple of belts, a condensor, needle & seat, front tires, fuel pump. Best buy I ever made!

Norm

Back