• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myron, well, I got 12 volts into the coil and out of the coil, didn't look at the points yet, started to rain. got busy with some other stuff. thanks

TIM:
Do you like to ride bronco's? The solid rod will make he whole tractor act like a bucking bronco until something BREAKS! The combination of packed soil and rocks makes for a hard to till experience. The chain is there for a reason! Patience is a must in situations like this. Get the first pass done and then only do 1/2 passes or even less for the first time and then you can get more aggressive. Hope the rocks are not too big or you may need some replacement tines.

Frank - Couldn't you have said , Bucking Blazer ? geezzzzzzzzz!

David P. Another thing that I've found causes backfire is a bad head gasket. Check around the base of the head for a oily sooty substance running down the block which indicates a leaky gasket.

Tim D. The first time most people use a tiller they think they just put it in the ground and go. That may work with loose soil but more than likely you will find hard soil if it hasn't been tilled or plowed before. The best thing to do when the soil is hard is to first run the tiller lightly on the top soil and each pass just lower it slightly. As a matter of fact each pass will loosen the ground some and the tires will start to sink into the dirt lowering the tiller. If the tiller tries to push the tractor into a runaway you are probably tilling too deep.

Kentucky Ken. After I finished the Three Point I made the mistake of going back to work, was supposed to be a short duration but still working.
stupid.gif

Frank, Ken...Ya both got it ALL wrong....

It's "like a bucking Scout" !! What's these furrin brands you guys mumbling about??? This is an IH show...
whistling.gif

Myron B

I just got a CC 100 with a Hawk Bilt trencher. It was used by a phone company and looks like it has been sitting for 25 years give or take. It is a very interesting machine. I tried to post some pictures but they are to big and I do not know how to reduce them. If some one wanted to email me I could send them and they could be posted.
thanks, Steve [email protected]

hi i just got a cub 1000 and need to replace a bearing in the clutch system. the bearing is the one behind the engine screen. what would be my best way of doing this. pulling the motor? or taking the drive shaft off from the trans?

It looks like a piece of... oh wait I was lookin at that little green thing in the background ;)

Steve J - Man talk about having your work cut out for ya. That could take some time to rebuild but be very fun in the process. Good thing it's NOT on a 147 or Charlie would be beggin for it ... 125 and Kraig would be drooling ... Art likes green so we don't talk to him ;)

Myron - I don't talk about Scouts. My old hunting buddy bought a new one in '79 and by '86 the body was rusting off. The rear hatch was wired on.
Now another buddy has a '80 that I tried to get but the old feller didn't want to get rid of it so my buddy waited til he kicked off and got it from his son. He said the other day that he got it fired up (even though it had sat for 10 years and only had 1 valve cover) body is history too.

Kevin - Pull the engine.

Frank - I only said Blazer 'cause I HATE ferds !!!

Steve J., very interesting Cub you have there! I think that's only the third or forth one I've ever seen with a trencher. That certainly deserves to be restored. Nice find!
thumbsup.gif

HI all
ive got a dumb queston for ya im putting my little original back to gether it has a K161 7hp
im missing the rod that connects the govener to the carb ive looked in the manual i cant seem to find it can i use the one of my k301 12hp ore is there somthing differnt on the 7hp the holes are a lot smaller on the 7hp i would have to drill them out would this work or no thanks for any advice

Now that is a ratty looking cub! Good luck getting her all fixed up!

Somebody mention a Hawk?? Hi Res available with email address.

Myron B
58958.jpg

58959.jpg

Myron, I would like a copy please! You have my email address. THANKS!
happy.gif

Thanks Matt
its been apart for a while i couldnt rember what was in there thanks for the pick
Darren

Steve Johnson – Great find. It will be a lot of work, however when finished you will have a very unusual tractor. That is only the second one I have ever seen. The other was back in the 60’s when I worked in the line gang at the local phone company. Didn’t care about it then, I was too busy chasing skirts, not tractors. LOL

Latest posts

Back