• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Matt - Take the point cover off and the plug wire so it doesn't start up (you wished) and see that there is a good spark when the points break. Crank it over and watch the points, sounds like they are not opening ... slipped or push rod / cam wore.

Other thing to check is the wiring for wear cuts / bare spots that may be shorting to ground.

Ken thanks for the reply, I tried to see if the points spark actually turned the lights off in the garage, no sparks at the points either. I know the points are opening I can see them opening. I will recheck the wiring for bare spots

Check the condensor and coil housing for a good ground too. I like running jumpers to everything when I trouble shoot, that way if by putting on a jumper and it works you know between what 2 points to look for trouble.

If you want to try to hot wire it take the Armature cable off the gen/starter , take the coil + off.
Run a wire from coil + to battery + then with a car jumper cable clamp the red to the battery + and with it OUT OFF GEAR! touch the other end of the car jumper to the armature post. It should fire up. BUT BE CAREFULL !!!

If that works go back and triple check the switch then wiring.

To check the switch run a jumper from coil + to the "L" post of regulator then turn the key to start it up. If it starts replace switch.

Scott T., yep! I had an adjustable boost with water injection setup on my 1980 Mercury Turbo Capri. I sold the Capri to Wyatt C. a few years ago. Not sure what stage he is at with the work he was doing on it.
dunno.gif

Wyatt?????

Mark S.
Are you reading the same label I am?
56130.jpg

You'll add ONE OUNCE to the engine and ONE to the rearend. That's half a bottle to each.

Some of us don't got to bed at all ;)
I got my backwards pipe bender turned around now
happy.gif

Maybe ppl seen that big Cerma label and thought they were on the wrong site.
yikes.gif

Kentuck,
That green tinge around the label means environmentally friendly, unlike the same color garden tractors.
rofl.gif

Morale of the story - If you're looking a little green around the edges then you're environmentally friendly !
thumbsup_old.gif

Digger:

Spoke to the cerma creator today. Nice guy, and thanks for your help. Looking forward to trating CCO 4940 this weekend.

Regards,

mark

Sure is quiet around here this morning.
coffee.gif

Here's a couple of off topic pics I took the other day.

56132.jpg

Bumble bee on a PJM Rhododendron. Got lucky and also got another bug of some sort.

56133.jpg

Bumble bee and some other kind of bee on a Nanking Cherry tree.

lurking.gif

I'm here...
everyone else must be out playing hookey and driving their cubs....

Ken, I tried the hot wire method no luck no spark cranks and cranks this is crazy.

Noticed that Hytran is the fluid of choice for both Hydro's & Gear Drives, and all good forum memebers hail the new Hytran Ultra. I have a internal brake gear drive that previous owner put in 90wt Gear Lube in the rearend. Need to change the leaky rear cover gasket, should I switch to Hytran, use 30wt oil, or stick with the Gear Lube? Will Hytran be compatible with the residual Gear Lube left in the Tranny?

Kraig,
Great pics. For a moment I thought the Rhododendron was an Azalea, and I didn't think that they grew that far north...

Rob N
interesting question, maybe someone has run into this before. It would be interesting as a last resort just to mix a sample to see what happens. I think most people just try to mop most of it out.

Rob,
IMHO, if your not going to be using it that much in the winter, I'd go with 30wt.
If you are, I'd go with Hytran.
Will Hytran be compatible? NO, but it will clean it up for ya.
If you do switch to Hytran, you'll probably want to change it again in the fall to make sure all that 90wt got cleaned out with the Hytran.
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
bouncy.gif

All-thanks for the opinion's. I noticed nobody proposed to keep using the Gear Lube. Anyone run Gear Lube for a long time in a Gear drive without any bad things happening?

David, thanks. Up here we can grow both Rhododendrons and Azaleas but our selections is somewhat limited. The PJM Rhododendron is very hardy. I can also grow the "Lights" series of Azaleas that are hardy to about -30°F. I have a couple of the PJMs, an Apricot Surprise Azalea which is from the "Lights" series and is a favorite of mine, wish I had a bunch of them! I have another Rhododendron that I cannot recall the name of but it is a low growing dwarf variety. I also have a "Pink Lights" or "Rosy Lights" I forget which it is. In any case it has pink flowers and is one of the Light series. Rhodo INFO

I probably should have posted this in the Sandbox...........
bottom.gif
angel.gif

Latest posts

Back