• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 13 fin 169. The "hose" is actually the drive belt for the deck. There is no grill adn I just pulled it out of the way. Haven't checked the serial # or even messed with it yet. Baby sitting the Grandson

Tom, will you put a close up of the dealer sticker in the base of ops, I like looking at them all. Let us know how it runs,

Frank - thanks, it's very interesting.

Edward "Hot Rod" Lincoln - hey thanks for that info on the expansion plug. I probably seen it there but never realized that's what it was. Good to know. Interesting it's the same one on a '49 Caddy

Terry - based on where the plug is, as well as what sounds like the difficulty removing replacing, and that it's also one of those "almost never leaks", I'd probably leave it alone. I suspect that black goo you mentioned is more likely just something to do with the rubber that occurred over a long time, or a couple drips from the infamous cork gasket that turned into goo.

Tom H - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!! The absolute most/biggest/harshest/die-hard Gear Head Grinder has now gone over to HYDROS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you just couldn't start out with a common 10hp you gotta go and get the
ULTIMATE RAREST KING OF HYDROS - A 169, and with a 13 fin no less.
Please Please Please - when you decide tomorrow that you made a mistake, shoot me a message and I'll be there before the next snow fall to pick it up.
HYDROS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Harry,
Welllll, unless I find another "Sweet 16" that 169 is going to be a High Speed Grinder.

Tom - well, I guess I should have known. Hey, there has to be some 1650's around you could surely pick up and use instead of a 169. I got an idea - why don't you just put the 169 towards the back of your shed/shop and leave it set aside as is for your Grandson. It'd be one of the best presents you could give him - just think, top of the line unit from 1974.

Harry B - you said...

"And you just couldn't start out with a common 10hp..." My 109 says
facepalm.gif

"...KING OF HYDROS - A 169..." My 1650 (even in pieces and with hack 14 hp engine - but in the spirit of a complete 1650)says...
1a_scratchhead.gif

And my very sick 126 says to all those wide frame tractors..

Slant%20Tongue.gif

HARRY - My guess on Terry's rubbery stuff on the expansion plug is somebody thought it was leaking, and it very well might have been, and put black RTV or some other sealer over it to dry up the leak. Where it's located the cork gasket leak could easily be thought to be from the expansion plug. I'd leave the rubbery stuff alone unless you plan to really clean the trans up really good.

Tom,

You are thinking of the "super steer" front axle, not a super GT axle. The super GT is much heavier and I doubt that it'll fit, but who knows?

The super steer axle that raises the front end about an inch was from later CCC tractors such as the 1535, 1541 as well as the 1860 series to name a few. They turn much shorter and are great

What's the "Geezers Garage" and how do I get in? My user name and passwork do not work there.

Latest posts

Back