• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TYRES - Is this likely to be a hornets nest? You blokes who fit like 26x12x12 or 23x10.50x12 etc (to the back). Considering that CCs do not exactly do 100mph across the paddocks, do you just fit them to the standard 6.20x12 rims, or do you bother using wider rims? Or maybe my question should be, do 122 & 123 have a different width rim to 71 &102?

Graeme...This is the page from the 102 section of the parts manual (the 71 is the same).

Myron B
56138.jpg

Thought I would chime in and say that I picked up my second cub today. I now proudly own a 100 and a 70. Just kinda poked around a bit today but I found little differences between them. The hood emblems are backwards, they drive totally different the battery boxes are different sizes and the crease in the hoods are different angles. Anyone ever notice stuff like that before. I'm guessing some genious engineer thought it would give it an updated look.
56141.jpg

Hello. Can someone tell me the float level in a 129 cub cadet carburator please.

Thanks Don

Donald T: From the Kohler Single Cylinder K Series repair manual:
Myron B
56144.jpg

Can anybody give me the correct part number for the engine to deck belt, for a 1650 with 44 inch deck and 5 inch pulley on the mower? The 44 decks had two pulley diameters and the belts should be different.

Myron,

I suspect us engineers are just to dumb to get it sometimes eh? The way I read it & my wife who is a physics teacher read it as there were three. I guess we need to go back to school to figure 2x3.

Matt Foley,
I had 2 cubs with no spark issues this spring. One had a bad coil. I knew that because I set my Voltmeter to check for OHMS. I guess that would make it an OHM Meter. And with the ignition switch off it has infinite resistance. The coil was open. The other cub had a bad condenser. With the points opened and the ignition off the OHM meter showed a short between the negative side of the coil and ground. If you jumped the positive side of the coil to the positive side of the battery and you didn't get a spark the next thing to try is the negative side of the coil. Remove the wire that goes to the points and tap that against the frame of the motor while the positive side of the coil is jumped to the positive side of the battery. If you get a spark you have an issue with the points or the points wore loosing its insulation. If it doesn't spark then it could still be the condenser or coil.

Thanks Myron, s'pose I should of looked, before congesting the space.

Latest posts

Back