• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all have a good Cub Cadet year. They are calling for 12 to 18 inches here between this pm and Fri. am. Grandson and I are waiting patiently.
ihrotate.gif
happy.gif

Ray, I cannot answer for the older Cubs but on my 782 That is true. When engine is cranking the Key switch disconnects Regulator. The schematic for the 782 shows this disconnect. When I made my own harness, I deleted the Keyswitch all together and put in a Push button switch to the Starter. I added a relay that disconnects my regulator to the battery during cranking just to keep it as it was electrically. Not sure if what the old '30's cars disconnected the regulator when they had their push button Starter setups.

I guess is would burden the Cranking process to try and charge the battery hard as it sees a voltage drop when the Starter is cranking.

John/Lewis,
This is very interesting reading on the early 70/100's.
Please post pics!
popcorn2.gif

Did the plowing duties for the first round with the Fugly 122. 1/3 throttle was all I needed, just kept-a-pushing. Maybe I'll bring out the thrower when it's all said and done tomorrow evening.

Terry- Yes, that was done on my 73 creeper handle when the parts you sent me were recently installed.

Tom H, The weather guessers said it would be light fluffy snow here. The snowthrower should work great.

TOM H. - You know.... You're supposed to keep those old Kohler engines wound up full throttle so they don't over-heat....
shame.gif

Seven degrees up here Nort' of you.... only way anything would over heat would be if the anti-freeze was froze! Don't think that's a problem with air-cooled engines.

Dennis, I'm so glad you mentioned that. A friend bought a 123 from me, he just mows with it, and it eats head gaskets. Overheating is evident and I've mentioned to, not told, him that he should run WOT and gauge his speed with the hydro. I guess I gotta get a bit more aggressive, huh?
bash.gif
happy.gif

Dennis,
Yup, I know I'm just "giddy" as hell playing with my 45+ year old tractor and it isn't even working. Plowed out the 5.5 inches wi no problem at all. Still snowing pretty good, maybe head out again in a few hours and do some night time snow throwing.

Melody,
Watching The Winter Classic, and I think that what is coming your way.

Melody S--I thought of you right away when I saw the tracking for that "Hercules" storm. Be safe and have fun playing! Sounds like perfect snow blowing snow. Try to get a couple of pics!

Back