• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
David Schwandt ... (OTF) Your pics from Portland brought back a lot of memories. The national Vintage Motorbike Club holds a meet in July there at the fairgrounds. The Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Association owned the campground across the road, it looked really nice, but we couldn't use it for our meet, for camping we had to use the fairground. If you got there a few days early, you could get a decent site - late, like the day before and you had to camp in the outer areas. If it had rained (early July always seemed wet), you could depend on lots of mud. The whole fairgrounds was built on a clay bed, with a thin covering of top soil; cut through and you'd bury an RV up to the axles. I've seen fights break out over use of the few available power outlets - somebody would plug a trailer in, turn on the A/C and take out the breaker. I haven't been there since 2012, sold some of the Cushman collection that year.. BTW - we found out that all the horse poop got spread out there in the far camping areas -if you had a tarp spread on the ground, you'd want to wash it with bleach when you got home LOL.

322289.jpg

Sandy's Cushman Truckster - sold it there that day..

Shultzie-
Built not bought; this is my own job and welding. I’m just doing an F350 SRW axle swap. Involves cutting off all the brackets and welding on new ones as well as dabbing arms from DOM. The expensive part are the lockers!

As far as Dakota Customs, I was going to get one of their Hemi kits, but (go figure) there’s a lot of good information out there on just what factory parts to pick and use. I’d love to go to an LS swap, but the factory Mopar PCM power and nodes just make it a Bear for the daily driver.

You don't have to like IH built Cub Cadets, but it helps.

Steering gear foam seals in the JD bags?

What's everyone recommend for front wheel bearings for a 782?

Thanks CC Specialties! Today my 100 gets the new voltage regulator it has needed for so long. I'll change the engine and gear oil while I'm at it. This tractor has several tons of sandy soil to move this weekend.

your_image.gif

Brian, I've had a set of CNH from CC specialties on 3/4 inch spindles doing ok over a year now (I think) could try going to NAPA I believe as well if you need some now.

Testing...testing...one, two, three.

Member to forum...do you read me?

No signs of life for over 24 hours. Houston, do you have a problem?

You know... a person can only lurk for so long.

Yeah, I'm looking to!!
Anyone have a trick way to seal up the exhaust outlet nipple to the exhaust pipe to keep it from leaking all over my nice new yeller paint before installing the clamp??
Seems to me there should be some kind of tape??
sealer in a tube?? glue
silly cone for hi temp?….something to keep the soot from leaking all over the place.

Dave: A real exhaust pipe clamp, maybe? That original one just ain't right.
happy.gif

They have "muffler tape" for rotted exhaust, maybe it would help? Or jb weld, that has to be good for something....

I got rained out this whole weekend. Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Back