• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 06, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holden M.
Tell the dummies that it's a Kohler K301AQS.

If they are that illiterate, you might want to find a different place to buy parts, LOL

Oh I know, show them how to Google Cub Cadet 1250 and click the tractor data link!
biggrin.gif

Holden, The rest of the info on the line with your ser # is the tractor model # info. And should read something like 205063U61443

It's a Cub Cadet 1250 with (or should be) and an K321AQS The points, plug, coil and condenser are the same on most all of the 10 thru 16 HP Kohlers.

What in the world kind of parts place are you dealing with, anyway?
under edit: Ya beat me to it Charlie!!

Holden, before you spend any money take a look at the points and see if they are in good condition. Also check the electrical connections to make sure everything is connected up correctly.

297171.jpg

I'm having 1650 issues once again. This tractor ran like a charm and is dedicated to the 1A tiller. I tilled a little earlier this spring then parked it for about 3-4 weeks. I go to start it and it did fire a couple of times then nothing. I also noticed a change in the sound after a few revs when winding it with the starter. It first appeared it might be starving for fuel but the gas flows freely from the tank which is almost full. I then removed the carb and went through it just to make sure. It was fine. After the next failed start I changed the coil. Nothing different. I put another condenser on and again nothing. I cleaned and regapped the plug and checked it for spark. It appears good. I don't know that I have ever checked the valves in this engine but like I said, it ran great just a few weeks ago. I haven't checked the grounds but they are next on the list.

Anyone have any ideas???

TIA!

Wayne Shytle

You could run a wire from the positive side on the battery to the coil . This would bypass the switch to eliminate that as a possible issue. you will have to disconnect the wire to shut the engine down if it starts and runs. just a thought Wayne

Can someone tell me what if any differences are on a 360 and 361 mower adapter for a 50c mower deck? Parts tree is saying that one is for a 982(361) and the other for a 782(360) but I see no difference. I am trying to run a 50c deck on both as needed. Thanks.

I'll try anything Don. And it's great to see you posting again! It's approaching 90* out there so it will have to wait until the sun gets a little lower.

Steven B.
In my best snarky typing voice,
biggrin.gif

Why don't ya ask partstree?

Oh wait, they don't have a 24 hour ask me guy like Cub Cadet has on the Parts Lookup button above.

Wayne-

Sounds like you have spark and gas...how about compression? Bypassing the ignition switch won't tell you anything you don't already know if you have spark.

Latest posts

Back