• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of my biker friends stopped by and helped me unload the 1650 from my truck. I returned the favor by loading and delivering an old Snapper riding lawn mower to my friend Frank to use as spare parts for his. Pretty ingenious, but somewhat cheesy drive setup, using a rubber tired pulley that moves across the flat surface of the engine drive pulley to move the mower forward at different speeds.

Gonna be too busy using the 129 to even think of taking it down for the hydraulics upgrade, I mowed the lawn 5 days ago and it looks like it's gone 3 weeks already, we had about 5 inches of rain in our part of Maryland this week alone, and over 8 inches in the month of May. If I get some time and I'm feeling up to it, maybe I can get some work done on the 102. It's a roller at this point, but the engine is fully assembled, the clutch and steering are done, but I still have a lot of work to do to prep it for paint.

Jim and Porter, I can play that game too, but my favorite modes were satellite (when AO13 and AO40 were alive) and PSK31. Haven't been active for a few years, though I always bang around the idea of getting back on the air again. Perhaps I'll drag out my Apache and commandeer a frequency on 75 meters for a tractor net!
devil2.gif

73 de Bruce N3LSY FM19ol

--... ...--/-.. . /-. ...-- .-.. ... -.--/... -.-

Matt,your more the expert than I am, but I think you need a regulator to apply voltage to the field winding on the gen side. As I see it the only way to test it is to run it (on a tractor)and put a meter on it and see if you can get 14 volts out of it. Also, a long shot, see if owner has to jump start tractor, or if battery keeps starting to engine as needed. JMHO
edit...#47 in the FAQ's gives some info on on/off tractor tests

Scott,,, yup paint runs ARE original equipment. It makes it easier to restore them to new condition!

can someone please post a pic of how the wires hook up to the VR on my 109, the wiring diagram doesnt really help because all my wires are faded so that i cant tell the color, i got it all hooked up and i got it running, then the VR shot sparks and i shut it off, so i figured i got something wrong! the good news it i dont think i let all the smoke out!

Matt, someone may get you a picture, but you have 3 wires to connect, how you gonna identify them?? Well, look at the wire diagram and see where the other end is for each wire, disconnect it and use a ohm meter or test lite to see which wire is which. Then you can hook them to the correct terminal on the reg. Not sure how the reg is labeled? I guess do a Search on 'voltage regulator'. Been a lot of posts on them. Just a suggestion. A.

digger, i cut the webbing back about an inch and a half and its the same story so ill prob use a meter

Thanks Kendall. Actually I found that the axle pivot pin is NOT broken. The roll pin stuck barely in the top hole was never driven far enough to keep the pivot pin from working its way backwards, clearing the frame and causing the axle to drop--except not completely out since the pin was still in the rear part of the frame. (Thanks to our local Cub dealer.) I was able to push it back in from the rear--but I am not sure how to line the hole up for the roll pin--if I am even able to drive it in. (also found a missing engine mounting bolt.)

Walt,
Don't feel bad about the missing engine mount bolt. When I started on my 129, which has the aluminum oil pan, I think I had to Heli-coil 3 out of 4 engine mount holes in the oil pan. Ya might want to check those threads though!

Latest posts

Back