• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
Actually, 1282 is a 12 HP Kohler K301 HYDRO. And be careful, there's TWO 582's, straight 582 is a 16 HP twin cyl. Briggs & the normal CC three-speed trans, 582 "SPECIAL" is the same engine with a Peerless 4-speed, not NEAR as strong, comparable to the 1100 CC. Also 482 is 4-speed Peerless w/11hp Briggs.

Far as strength for a Puller a 86/108/128 would require the fewest modifications for pulling because any engine could fit but any NF would be lighter.

There's actually three 2nd gear ratios in CC's, If I remember correctly 70 & 100's have 16 tooth 2nds, 3.2 mph @ 3600 rpm, 71's & 102/122's have both 16 & 19 T 2nds depending on when they were built, 3.2 & 3.9 mph, then the 72/73/104/106/124/126's all have 19T, and during the WF 86/108/128/ they started using a 17T 2nd, seems like it was around 3.5 mph.

What exactly do you mean by "twin"? Are you talking about twin engines (doesn't seem like there enough room) or twin cylinder (one engine)? I am assuming if your running in a stock class the 582 must have came with a twin cylinder from the factory?

I actually said "Twin cylinder Briggs" as in a single engine with two cylinders, 180 deg. opposed cylinders.
I took My information right out of an IH Cub Cadet brochure from 1983. They're not always 100% accurate but in this case the information is correct.
The 582 & 582 "Special"(snicker) did come with a 2-cylinder 180 deg. opposed Briggs engine but I don't think there's much aftermarket support for that engine for pulling, according to MWSC's '09 catalog they only make V-twin engine parts.....could be wrong on that. Julian may make parts not listed in His catalog.

There are later model CC's made by MTD that used the 18 HP opposed 2-cyl. Kohler with the three-speed CC-designed transmission & rearend, Model # was 1806, since it had the creeper installed at the factory. Good luck finding one, They also made 1810,1811,& 1812, all Hydro's without hydraulics (1810) with hyd. lift only(1811) and hyd. lift & aux. remotes (1812).

Brennan, you'd best check the "Stock" rules for the club(s) you intend to pull with, some rules may mean the engine brand/type/horsepower that the tractor came from the factory with or it could mean a stock replacement engine non native to that model tractor.

Dennis, Thanks for the clarification on the 82s and gear ratios.

heres my puller stock
112757.jpg

112758.jpg

112759.jpg

what should a 106 weigh without mower deck and other items not needed for pulling? The tractor has to keep stock front end and cast grill for stock class.

Thanks in advance

I hope to see some of you forum pullers in Columbus this weekend. Drive safe.

i have a wireing isue with the 126 thats the only thing i didnt replace when i did it they were in good shape but now their is something wrong does anyone have a wireing diagram for me

Steve, yes I can email it. However for future reference, it's easy to save a photo by right clicking on it and selecting "Save Image As..." then browse to the folder you wish to save it in then give the file a name that makes sense to you.

I hear lot about Dynoing engines here and was wondering where you guys are getting this done. Or is there some simple device that I could buy to do this? I have dynoed a Slant6 for my muscle car and as much as I hear about it on here it can't be the same thing. The car engine was time consuming and expensive.

theirs a guy not that far from me that dynos i'm in northeast pa its been so long since i had mine done i dont know what it cost

Kyle
Someone posted some info on a liquid cooled 7 horse in the off topic wanted section!!Just thought Id let you know!!Your 8 horse Looks like a great project!!
On topic a bit!!!.....You gentelmens creativeness and craftmanship amazes me great job.

Got that one Jason, thanks. So far, I've not had alot of luck but did find a few others out there that have the same liquid cooled engine in their collection.

Columbus was entertaining. Too bad the pan on the one sled wore a hole in it and took awhile to fix it. Don't know what time it ended Saturday as we left about 6:30 after our last class and they had a ways to go yet. I heard they had a record number of tractors.

Took awhile to get home because of ice then snow up north.

Oh wow..I heard they were thinking of cancelling because of weather. Hate I missed it. I always enjoy it. Where can I get a clutch hanger for a 82 series. They come in the 582.

Question for you guys using Douglas Aluminum wheels. Do you drill the axles out for 1/2" lugs? I have one tractor I did drill out but it wasn't easy and if I don't have to I wont. Thanks

Latest posts

Back