• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 10, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Don T It is only for look what my cub can do among some OT tractors at a fair.

it will sit in down position except for when we drive around the grounds on one of the days.

Jerry, A bottoming tap has a very short lead. They are designed for confined spaces where you have limited depth in the hole, As with a standard tap it threads in quite a way before it engages. When you use a bottoming tap you have to be careful that it starts correctly as you do not have the long lead like a standard tap to allow it to align itself with the hole or threads. Bottoming taps are very common in machine shops but they are a little more expensive than a standard tap.

Anybody know if any company offers 24x12x12 bar tread (ag) style tires and 16x6.50x8 deep rib (not smoothies) fronts for my 782? The original Goodyear SoftTrac's are getting pretty dry and I've always wanted some "tractor" tires. But the 23x10.5x12 ag's don't seem as large as my turfs...and I'm not going smaller. 26x12x12 are popular...but too big I think.

Neil Costello

V61s for the front.lol there is no better tire at a better price that has less drag steering. I have them on my 1512 D and they are great,but then I have 3 turn steering.You can`t go wrong I think
old.gif

Neil Costello

Just remember this one rule on tires,Jerry will agree its all the compound you pick. I have super lug on my loader. Because they will take the abuse. I will not always have good traction.I have tru powers on my 1512 D ,. they are a soft tire and take a good bite on the lawn here and give a low contact mark because they are soft. If I have a job to do with a Cub ,I have more than one to pick from and well( we should all have more than 1)at least 1 125 (right Krag(q)
old.gif

APB!!!!!!!! for a copy of some Original sales lit. A scanned copy is fine, BTW how is everyone?

Mcgiver, are you looking for a brochure or? I have scans of Original brochures, and fliers. Would you like me to send via email?

Don T.,
lol.gif

Jeff H., and J E Hutchens, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

hello
need some help. on snow plow.
i need a narrow frame for 106. i run across the following plow but im concern if its a narrow or wide frame. and what would you think its worth. the cutting edge is shot on it.
thanks
al

195289.jpg

Allen N., that is for a narrow frame, should mount right up to your 106. The cutting edge is easily replaced. It's worth what you are willing to pay for it.

GOT IT!!! Craig I thougt about E mailing you direct but I did not know if I woulld catch ya.

Mcgiver, when you say "GOT IT!!!" does that mean that someone already emailed it to you? I didn't...
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Neil C. - Just saw a picture on another lawn mower forum that showed a TracMaster 24 x 12 x 12 tire. It's a lugged tire but more like a skid-steer or tractor/loader/backhoe or grader tire. The pic I saw showed it had a really high lug count, fairly closely spaced so marking of the grass when mowing would not be a problem and traction & wear should be good. No mention was made about price or availability. That's kinda an odd size, pretty lo-profile.

I'd suggest to run a search, Google, Bing, etc. and see what you can find.

I have a question about the gear starters used on the QL and newer singles. Are the 10 tooth and 13 tooth starters interchangeable? I had an NOS one that I put on my 1450 which was Kohler # 45-098-06 which according to my book at work is a 13 tooth. But the one I took off is a 10 tooth. I don't feel like taking the new one off to see what it is if I can avoid it. But I need another one for another tractor so I want to know which one to get. They are both the "high mount" style with the bolt holes below the starter body.

Neil C.
Look at Carlisle Tire and Wheel website under- Products...Big Biters...AT101 Chevron.
You will find a 24x12x12 lug tire.

Thanks all for the replies! What is a V61 front tire? Or who makes it? I saw the AT101 from Carlisle some time ago...but it looked more like an ATV Gator type balloon tire rather than a tractor tire.

I've done google searches on that size. Its just an in between odd size I think. Not much available on it. One or two maybe. I'll definately look at that TracMaster 24x12x12. I actually like that style. I call it "construction lug".

Started working on the 124, hoping to get her running this weekend(fingers crossed). She was bought new by my wife's grandfather in 1968.

I have replaced all the fluids already(oil,tranny) replaced the rear gasket too, cleaned the glass filter bowl and housing, replaced spark plug and cable as well

I have all the belts to replace on hand except for one that should be here soon. I really just want to cut grass with this thing, but tinkering around has gotten me really into possibly total resto on it. As you can see, it is in real good shape. Most of the discoloration is just greasy buildup of sorts

My wife's grandmother parked it 15 years ago and it has been stored since. Only one tire was flat, and I pumped it up and it has a slow leak but the other three are doing good still. I plan on replacing them as soon as I know this thing will run.

Any help you guys can give as far as what else I need to do to see if I can get it to run, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help and info so far on these forums. I also registered it at the CC registry website.

195311.jpg

195312.jpg

195313.jpg

195314.jpg

Latest posts

Back