• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, yes you should be able to swap the sub-frame mounting setup with the 90° gear box from a QA42 over to the CW36 auger housing. Should be a quick and easy mix and match kind of deal.

For reference:

CW36

QA42

Jim-
We're very fortunate to have a guy with your resources and background posting on the forum.

In your most recent post you said: "More critical is watching camshaft end play....and fit on the camshaft's support shaft. If wear is evident it will be a noisy engine, as one with excessive endplay will be."

I've heard that CAMSHAFT ENDPLAY needs to be managed precisely during a rebuild, but have not heard about this support shaft info. Can you go into further detail?

Any insight you can lend is always greatly appreciated.

Ok thanks for the info.
I will give it a try. I guess my biggest question was about the front mounting plate. Since the springs attach to the top of the plate I will need to drill holes for them.
Thanks again.

Tom, you don't really *need* those springs, I believe they act as a sort of helper spring for the lift. They didn't carry them over in the design of the QA36/QA43. If you want to keep them you'll need to fab up some kind of bracket for them like the angled plate on the CW36. The QA36 and QA42 use a straight plate and it doesn't go as high. You might want to ask the guy you got the CW36 from to look harder for those parts. IMO the gear box is the most valuable piece. I bet it's just buried in his garage and he didn't want to look to deeply for it. I hope you got the rest for a low price seeing as you didn't get all the parts.
happy.gif

Do you think Christmas is coming?
1a_scratchhead.gif
Click Here But that's all for now, I hear everyone else has been naughty.
bottom.gif

Dave Ross;
Everything in the engine looks good,except for the dings in the connecting rod cap.
This motor still runs well,just can't keep oil in it!
If I only had some JB Weld!LOL!
Bobby B.

On balance gears, does any body know which tractor have them . Would like to know the ones to look at.

Latest posts

Back