• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 11, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
SCOTT - If Your e-mail was to Eastwood You had better luck than I've ever had.....I've e-mailed, phoned, done everything but drive out to Eastwood and I can't get ANY service from their powder coat dept. I like the system I bought from them two yrs ago, but their customer service stinks! Son did a GOOGLE on Cub Cadet Yellow some time ago and got about a dozen hits for powder MUCH cheaper than Eastwood. But I think the 70 is going to get refurbished with PPG base coat/clear coat with hardener in the clear. The rattle-can paint job on the 72 from 27 yrs ago is starting to show it's age....It'll get some base coat/clear coat on it too! Just don't ask Me when this will all happen!

Kraig, those cans came from TSC. The closest one to me is also 20+ miles away,so I try to get a couple at a time.

Dennis...
I said I emailed them... That doesn't mean they acted on it.... LOL
A tractor is way too big for home powder coating, IMHO.... I drove to eastwood in the 90's, when it was in Malverne.... nice store.... ($$$-ka-ching)

I recently purchased an early 70's model 149 Cub Cadet and with it I got a rear tiller, front blade, mower deck and a front end loader and all of the attachment hardware. What I didn't get was instructions on connecting these items. Is there any help out there?

Dave

OK...Went to TSC, and on their website, they list IH Yellow, with a SKU #.
I went to the STORE, and they dont have IH Yellow...The SKU crosses to New Holland Yellow..
sad.gif

ANyone run into this before, or know if the NH Yellow is the same as the IH Yellow?

The NH Yellow looks VERY light, and Yellow, and the only other closest yellow is the Transport Yellow, which looks too dark..
sad.gif

Dave, do you know what model tiller and what brand loader you have? The tiller should be either a model 1 or a model 2. The model 1 could have 1 or 2 extensions, one on each side. With no extensions it would be 26" wide, with one extension 32" wide and with two extensions 38" wide. The model 2 tiller was a fixed width 38" wide. The loader could be most likely a Johnson or a KwikWay but could also be a Danco or possibily a Sears (actually made by KwikWay I believe).

SCOTT - I have a machining supplier here at work who also builds racing engines & race cars as His "Fun Job". He's got an industrial sized P/C system that could do a whole Cubbie. No disassembly required.

Kraig, I'll get more info tonight when I get home. I know the tiller is as wide or wider than the tractor but I don't know if it is fixed or adapted with extensions. Same goes for the loader. I'm not sure of the brand but I'll check it later. Thanks again for your help.

Dave

Just got off the phone with a guy at TSC, (who syas he grew up around and knows tractors), that the NH may be the same mix number as the old IH Yellow. He said the NH crosses to a 5339-09...???
Anyone have any idea if that crosses to IH?...We didnt have any idea where that number came from, he just said that its a number that any body shop would be able to mix up.

Dennis..
home PC (with my gun) is way too tedious for big stuff... I can send you my 149 for PC at your locale, no? LOL

NH yellow, IIRC, is like a butterscotch/ goldenrod/mustard color....

The Genuine yellow that IH used on Yellow and White cubbies is Federal Yellow. NH yellow is a yuckie lighter yellow and is no way similar to Federal Yellow. The TSC guy is mistaken. With the info Charlie has on the FAQ site, that should answer most all paint color questions.

Can anyone tell me what size mower drive belt to get for my 149. I don't know if it matters but it's a 48" mower. Thanks anyone

Dave

OK...I just found a site that lists the PPG number for IH Yellow, which we all know from the FAQ, and it lists the NH Yellow, which DOES NOT match.

http://www.machineunderground.com/mechanical-paint-restorations/314-tractor-paint-codes-ppg.html

Ron- Thanx for reminding me about the FAQ, but Charlie doesnt list numbers for the Valspar/TSC paint, which was basically the crux of my problem.

This site I found lists JD Construction Yellow, and Massey Ferguson Yellow as 81518...How ironic on the JD yellow...LOL

I guess I wont be buying paint from TSC...I'll try to find another source for a correct color, thats not $12 A CAN...
sad.gif

Thanx for all the help and responses though... :D...

Dave: Click above on FAQ, then click on cubfaq.com.
asthanos.gif

While I'm here, the herd lined up for a foto op today. It's hard to catch them in the same place at one time - they all have jobs to do. ...and I just remembered pics can't be added under edit, so... see above.

Hi folks,my first post.
I need to know where to find the info on repairing the hydro SHIFTER LINKAGE.
I have seen a pic in the past but don't know where
129 cub Help??!!
Thanks in advance

beer2.gif

88763.jpg

Steve: Welcome, and check out where I just advised Dave to go.
asthanos.gif

Hello
Just a little help please. Got my 1200 going today. After it runs for a while it will shut down. After it cools down it will start and run again until it gets hot again. Shuts down again. Don't know if its the valves or condensor. Also, mowing deck makes lots of noise, is that common? Had spindles off and checked, spun ok.

Mike: I'd blame the coil for the quitting when hot. Noisy deck? That's so you know the blades are turning. Seriously, that's a hard one to answer without actually hearing it. It could be bad bearings or as simple as a loose belt slapping.
asthanos.gif

P.S. I bought a 1200 last Spring with the idea of reselling or parting it. Put a throwout bearing in it and now I'd have a hard time parting WITH it!

Thanks Frank
I had not thought about the coil, I'll change it out and see. My brother told me to run it until it stops turing, he said it's almost as old as I am. haha I bought this one from a guy who broke his leg and is out of work. Really didn't want it. Has a 16hp kohler on it. Took the head off and checked the bore and stroke to make shure. I've worked on it since buying it. Had lots of problems, don't understand people letting equipment go and not doing maintenance.

as i know i have said in past.. the fleet farm valspar rattle can colors match preetty close just have to be applied good. ive noticed the yellow looks different in different lights. i think its kinda cool.

Latest posts

Back