• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a red and white ih cub cadet 682 Serial # 713594 I need some parts and would like to know exact year built I would like to keep it all original

Thanks Anthony

Anthony:
Welcome to the forum - see FAQ #3 as to where to post questions about a MTD built Cub..
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Kendall
Why does the decals say International cub cadet if it is built by MTD

Anthony

Anthony,
You might make sure your serial number is correct.
IH made 682's went like this, 665001 TO 694243.
694248 was the last IH made 682.
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks digger
I have checked and double checked I found a web page called tractor specs they say that serial #s 669,971--737,624 year model 81-84 were 682(B) has anyone else seen this

Anthony

Anthony:
Maybe somebody played fast and loose with a decal set...
ihrotate.gif

I have a 1650. Stored for the winter a shed with no door, just a roof and three sides. Better than nothing I guess.

This tractor was running fine last fall. This year though, it has been running really rough. Sometimes will run ok for a while then start spitting and sputtering. Sometimes it will recover, sometimes it stalls, sometimes it backfires a few times.

I know this could probably mean a million things, but anyone have any easy things for me to try?

I have used MMO. The tractor has run about 3 - 4 hours this year so far, but it has been a chore to keep it running.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ed

Ed, check for mice nests in the engine shroud, it could be over heating. If there are no mice nests, check the points they might be corroded.

Anthony C.-

Charlie and some others are assuming you know some things you don't. MTD built Cub Cadets for IH between the latter part of 1981 and 1985-ish. At any rate, you have an MTD-built 682 that was sold at an IH dealership. By your serial number, it's one of the early "transition" models that probably still has quite a few pieces built by IH.

With a little tinkering I managed to get the 107 I HAD listed as forsale running a whole lot better.
At first I thought it was the new Warlbo carb, so I replaced it with the one that was on the motor but leaked. I fixed the leaky gasket.
Installed the carb, fired up the motor and all was good until I put it under load.
The motor acted just like it was flooding out, infact it was spitting gas out the carb.
But no matter how much adjusting of the carb I did it still would not run under load.
That is until I decided to take the point cover off and check the gap.
Was seeing very little spark at the points, so I started adjusting them until the motor ran like it is suppose to, dont know what I ended up as far as the gap, but it now starts easy and runs great.

Latest posts

Back