• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1450 surging

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwalker

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Richard Walker, Jr.
Hi All,
Last fall one of my 1450’s began surging when running and was unable to get above mid rpm. I knew the carb had some issues, so I replaced that along with the filter / valve assembly at the base of the fuel tank and hose between last week.

When I started it after parts changes, it still surged for a little and then I was able to get it to run at full throttle with no issues.

It ran great for 10 minutes at full speed and then began to surge again. This time however sometimes when it was trying to recover it would do a loud bang out the exhaust. A couple of times it also spit out the carb.

In the end, it would not get much above idle for speed and was constantly surging, no banging or spitting at this point. It would also die often; restarting was not easy.

I tried playing with the choke when it was surging thinking it might be too lean, that did not help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Rich

How is the fuel tank? Any crud in it? Fuel filler vent ok?

If it is making a loud backfire out the exaust that means fuel is building up in the cylinder but there is no spark and when it gets spark there is a loud bang from excess fuel.. Sounds like electrical to me..Like Craig says change the condenser and see what happens..

Back