• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 30, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve S. I'm by no means an expert on this stuff, but one possibility is that the points on the voltage cutout part of your voltage regulator are stuck shut. I have a 1.5 meg Microsoft Word file that I wrote up when I figured out how to debug a voltage regulator on a Model 122 if you'd like for me to send it to you. Just send me an email if you can read it and think it would help.

I have a spare Kohler Engine model K321ep off of an old generator. The crankshaft on it looks different from the one on my 129. My question is could it still be used on a mower? Could I change out the crankshaft with one from a k301?

I AM GOING TO INHERIT MY GRANDFATHERS 127 HYDRO. EVERYTHING RUNS GREAT ON IT. HE BOUGHT IT NEW. BUT I WAS THINKING OF TRYING TO RESTORE IT. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO AND ANY LINKS THAT I COULD GET SOME INFORMATION ON IT BEFORE I TRY TO DIG INTO IT.

Welcome to the best IH web form on the net Chris.

We have a FAQ, link on top of this page that has a lot of how to's and how come's already answered.
If you don't find an answer to what you need there, ask here and someone will help you out.

Mark G. I got the truss head screws for my 126/147 restorations at the local CaseIH dealer they are used on combines and they had a couple lengths,plated,not stainless steel.

Richard P. My 147 with 10:50 tires had that clearance problem,added washers on the gauge wheel stud till it just reached through the bracket and into the nut. You could also use the thin type nuts which are about half as thick,just the washers worked for me.

Wayne e, "My 147 with 10:50 tires had that clearance problem,added washers on the gauge wheel stud till it just reached through the bracket and into the nut. You could also use the thin type nuts which are about half as thick,just the washers worked for me."
Thanks. Trying to put those fat ma mas on with this deck also brought to mind those stud kits. You could never change this size tire if you had a flat with the deck on.

Mike M:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The starter will spin 2 or 3 times then stop and the wires get hot. If I pull the plug it spins just fine. Maybe the battery? I am reading 12.7 volts<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Check you wiring against the diagram to make sure everything is wired correctly. Next, check your connections to and from the S/G to make sure, they are clean, tight, and in good condition.

Back