• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnolte

displayname
Bruce Nolte
Richard B.
Nice job so far on the 127. One nice thing about doing the wiring harness yourself is that you'll know every inch of it, which should make troubleshooting easier, at least for you. From what I can tell, it looks like a first class job. Have you had the chance to fire it up yet?

Richard B.,
NICE WORK ON THE 127! I wish mine looked as good!

Did you make any modifications to the hood hinge bolt holes at the hood?

Thanks in Advance!
RWilke
coffee.gif

Very nice Richard.
It reminds me to get my act together on my O restore....

Don Blake,

I hope these can be of help.

153955.jpg

153956.jpg

You can get all the information for your 1200 here.

Don Blake: Is this the drawing that was no use to you?
153959.jpg

I'm not smart enough with the computer to name the individual parts.
bash.gif

Hey, Rich, do we try to help or do we try to help.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Richard Barnes: Great work on the 127.
thumbsup_old.gif

Richard;THANK YOU!!!! I do appreciate it; I just returned from a guy's house that has a yard full of various tractors; there's a 1000 there rusting away; I went out for a look see; and, I saw most of what I needed to but (1) this 1000 had a creeper and the 1200 i have here don't and (2) the 100 did not have the spacer the 1200 does; but YES the illustration does show it, and exactly where I thought it should (and not where the line drawing in the parts breakdown does); now to print it off and go finish this 1200!

No Frank; I dont remember even FINDING that one; the one I found was strictly the shaft ONLY no pedal, etc; yours, as Rich's, are both much better than what I was otherwise able to find. and I have now about 3-1/2 hours in digging on the computer! THAT is the aggravating part!

Don: Stick around and we'll show you how to use the parts lookup button that comes with being a member of this site. Also: Welcome!
groupwave.gif

Don/Frank-

That exploded view has an error. The part with the grease fitting is in the wrong place; it should be between 2 and 3 as Richard's picture shows.

Uhhh actually Frank yeah that was the same one; I just went out into the garage and looked again; but if you look at the components of the shaft, between the pic and the line drawing, there are differences in "pecking order"; look at the spacer with the grease zerk, as well as the teaser spring and its spacer; they are not in the same order between the 2.

I am a computer idiot (I admit it, sorry) I hate when I spend hours searching and someone oblivious to what I am lookin for comes by and smacks <10 keys and just like that, has in seconds what I have not been able to find in hours!
Is there a spot for new member intro's? I'll look at the index; if i dont see any better spot, I'll put it here, as this is probably gonna be where I spend most of my time on this forum.

Wow; I was posting the same thing as you were; about the order on teh drawing being out of whack. so I'm not (totally) nuts!

David G.
I just blew one on my 1450 & the 1650 this week and NAPA is where I got both mine made.
thumbsup_old.gif

One suggestion would be to have it made at least one inch longer than the original, as they are bigger hoses and are a PITA to get bent around to where you need'um to go!
Your not supposed to add 300 pounds to a rear attachment and continue to lift on it most of the day. It will blow the lift cylinder hose every time, especially if they are original to the machine.
biggrin.gif

COOL!!!! THANKS AGAIN!! It's together once again; midnight so I think I'll wait til daylight to try it out; boy, I didnt know there was THAT much pressure on the spring! Of course I got this tractor with a blown-missing clutch disc (the 3 pieces were laying on the deck when I pulled it) that being gone made for ALOT less tension on the spring upon disassembly! Appreciate the help!

Don Blake,
You are very welcome.

Frank A. Currier,
You bet. I spent hours looking for a "ball" that everyone was saying went into the rear coupler of my 129. I wasn't listed anywhere. Then Matt pointed out that the 129 did not have it and explained why ect.. He was a big help when I need it. I'm just trying to return the favor.

Richard B.,
The Cub looks great. But all black wires?!
bottom.gif

David G:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I have a leaking hydraulic hose on my 169. They are available thru Cub Cadet at about 30.00 per. Would a local fab by NAPA work? Anyone had any experience with this?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

You can also go to a Farm Ag Dealer (ie: Case/IH), Hydraulic Repair Shop, or a Heavy Truck Repair shop for custom made hoses.

Richard P: well wiring aint cheep and I like black and I really didnt know how much I would need so I just bought a 500ft roll...might have to make another one sometime for a future cub...

Ryan W: I didnt do anything to the holes in the hood but there are some washers behind the head of the bolt, It seemed to clean it up a bit rather than just having a bolt head.

Bruce N: 1st chance I got I fired it up...who needs wheels to get it runnin? I'm just too impatient..

Hey guys,
Finally found where the leak on the hydro on 149 is coming from-the front gasket. I did a search and found a thread from 2004 about this very topic. My question is, are there any new tricks/secrets to share since this thread five years ago? Or is that info still the most accurate?
thanks, Ian

Ian C,

I looked at that archive, and that is pretty much it. I do recommend making a neoprene gasket and not use the cork. The cork WILL leak again. The 2 149's and 1450 we have "mark their spot in the garage". Dad has one that is leaking pretty good again and we have talked about going the neoprene route this time. It is not really that hard, just time comsuming as you have to split the tractor to do it. If you have any questions, hop on here and ask, we will point you in the right direction.

gear drive transmission question.

128. creeper drive.

slips out of high range. as soon as you start moving, the HI/LO shifter starts walking. no problem in low range.

any suggestions on what to check, or what it might be.

any one know where i can get a service manual for the transmission. I found a lot of the manuals on line, but i cant find any service/trouble shooting info on the transmission.

thanks

Latest posts

Back