• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey we are still ok. Just trying to shake off all the rain water we got over "3" inches of rain last night and I am about shot from the wifes weather radio going off all night. Power flickered a lot and lightning was WAY too close for me. When the ripping crash is here before you finise blinking from the light IT'S TOO CLOSE! Had about four of those.
Dennis, do you still have onee of the one gallon metal cans of hytran? Bet Kraig has a picture of one??? I still want to find one that is labled "touch-control fluid".

At my house the hydros outnumber the gear drives two to one. A 106, 129 and 149. Of course, the 106 is the only one that runs right now. If I can find somebody to weld up the worn trunnion on the 149...
guitarist.gif

My 129 has the best of both worlds, a clutch and a hydro! Apparently, IH had an optional "hydro disconnect" or somesuch name, to help with cold weather starting. I'd put it on my 149, but then I'd loose the hydraulic lift when I stepped on the brake.

Finally, I agree that the "Zigzags" are the best looking Cubs, but the 1x9's are the best design...

I have takin a likin to the appearence of the 70/100, although I have never seen one other than on here.

Do I get any bites on if I can get away with bolting two wheels together without the duel hubs? Has anyone else tried the cheap way? wandering if thre friction will hold them. figured someone dirt plowing might have tried it.

Jerry B.-

I'm gonna say that won't work unless you have something to keep the two wheels concentric. If you just bolt them together, even tightly, I think the outer one will just slide around. But I haven't tried that, so I don't know for sure.

Jerry B.
JMHO here but I really don't think your idea will work the best.
1. I don't think there's a way to get the wheels tight enough without bending the wheels where the bolts go through.
2. I'm thinkin that if you high sided one wheel, it would slip no matter what.
3. Find yourself one of those drain tile guys or even a farm store and buy a piece of that BIG ABS plastic tile and cut some spacers like I did many many moons ago. Steel rings would work good too.
75037.jpg

Just went for my first official ride on the model 100. Sure felt good, still have some issues but it is officially rescued from certain death at the scrap heap. Turns out the clutch plates were just seized together from sitting abandoned so long.

JERRY B. - No, I don't have metal gallon cans of Hy-Tran but Dad did....and they they all got scrapped year ago last summer since they were in bad shape. I do have one of the Real Good oil can spouts with the rubber seal stashed away safe from back when motor oil came in all metal or cardboard w/metal end type of cans.

CHARLIE - I almost started buying Rotella for My truck & stuff in 55 gal. drums 10+ yrs ago since a drum would last about 12 months if I used it in Everything. But WAY too hard to keep all the oil fill equipment clean in My shop.
Even with the leak in My 982 and the Pioneer couplers on the loader on the Super H I don't use a gallon of Hy-Tran per year... and took Me almost 7 years to get 150 hours on the 982 so I could change the oil & filter on the Hydro on it!

Latest posts

Back