• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe i got 2 gear drives and 2 hydros and i like em both for different things (task)but my favorite is the 149 hyd . i don`t have to fret that i might not be in the right gear with the right amount of fuel for the load.with my bad legs and knees they hydro is best for me.and i have never had them at wot yet because i haven`t found a thing that i needed wot to do a task. just my .02 DonT
coffee.gif

SORRY BRYAN..... I didn't want to get into the Hydro/GD debate.
lol.gif

Brian W. - I use Rotella 15W-40 in some of My Cubbies and Their Rotella SB synthetic 5W-40 in others. Mobil 1 in most of My cars. And I buy Hy-Tran in gallons about every time I get to a C/IH dealer....and I've got some jugs that still say "Hy-Tran PLUS!"

Gee! I didn't mean to get all this started, I just wanna get my clutch fixed.

Tim K,
OH we get on these two subjects at least once a year and everyone has their own ideas on what style is better. It's all in good fun man!
beerchug.gif

And it always comes down to Hydros being the BEST!
biggrin.gif

No matter what the end result tends to be.
tongue.gif

Taste great
Less filling

Dennis - Have you tried putting used motor oil in yer cubs ... it's cheaper ;)

Jerry B - Check in man , need to make sure you're still out there after Springfield got ripped last night.

Charlie - LOL

Tim - We don't care now if you get the clutch fixed or not ... we've got to settle this once and for all
happy.gif

Jeez, I go to bed and look what you guys do. I <u>will not</u> use a hydro for ground-engaging implements, i.e. moldboard plow, cultivator, tiller, etc. No matter how good the trunion is, you still have trouble maintaining a constant speed. A $1 bungee cord fixes the popping out of gear problem. I mow and blow snow with hydros (because they didn't make a diesel gear drive) but everything else is done with gear drives. When I think "tractor" I think "gear drive".

Matt - It doesn't pay to go to sleep around here, you'll get your hand dipped in warm water ;)

You mow snow ?

When I think "tractor" I think BIGGER than 12" wheels !

You gotta love this place,it's the very model of diversity.

Kentuck-

This whole thing started about a minute after I went to bed. Seriously... If I didn't have class tomorrow...

A tractor (with wheels larger than 12") is, in most cases, gear drive. So, a gear drive cub is more like a tractor than a hydro one to me. As for that other comment, you know what I meant...
bottom.gif

KEN - Since I stopped running My diesel pickup 35,000 miles/year with 14 quart oil changes every 3000 mi. I don't have that much used oil around anymore.
wink.gif

After the GD vs Hydro, the best oil, etc., there's always the question of the best LOOKING series - of course the 1X8's and 9's win that one hands down....
groupwave.gif

Ken,
Jerry B may not have electricity. Check out the Sandbox topic "Hail/ wind storm". Luckily I have my 1450 at work and my CCO in the garage with my CJ5 and my wife's Grand Cherokee.

Keith

The 73 is the best looking tractor. ZigZag front, white dash and round fenders. Wish I had one...

KEN - Gotta Humbly disagree...72,104,105,124,125 and the newer 73,XX6 & XX7 are far and away the best looking Cubbies ever with the double zig-zag grill. That's why they're the combined highest production total models.

Granted the NF models have servicability issues that the WF's don't but the PROOF is in the Numbers.
whistling.gif

Of course the 1X8's do have that appearance problem with that stick sproutin' out of the driveshaft tunnel.......
coffee.gif

All right - I'm leaving - looks like the rain is leaving for a while gotta go cut wood.

As long as it sez IH on it - it's a great Cub!!!!

MATT - I like My red one too.....Even though it IS a Hydro & a WF. The trunnion TOTALLY fell apart last summer...Had to finish mowing with small pieces of fuel line & nylon tie straps holding the two levers together. It's fixed now...but the cork gasket still leaks. Mental Note to Self....Never let SON take anything apart that I have to put back together.
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back