• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i infected my brother in law, he just got a good deal on his first Cub (108)on paybay it has blade wheel weights deck and Hub caps!
115161.jpg

115162.jpg

i think were going to pick it up Saturday in Ohio im sure well see him posting soon he's not so mechanically inclined!

JOHN - If You check TITAN's website one of Maurey's little purc hases was the Kelly-Springfield tire plant in Freeport, IL. several years ago....and they have the entire Good-Year ag, commercial, & L&G catalog on their site. When I lived in Freeport about 20 yrs ago one of Son's Buddy's Dad's worked there.....ALL GY ag tires were built there then, and one of the NEW products they got in to prevent some lay-offs was 4.00 X 8 wheelbarrow tires. Pretty big step from 30.5 X 32 combine tires to 4.00 X 8 wheelbarrow tires.

Finally got to start tear down of the 104. I got that cab off and managed to not break anything, including myself! I was about 5 minutes away from getting the K out when my wife started yelling about the wind and how cold it was. How I would never work on our cars in this weather blah blah blah..........
It's official, I'm never going to recover from this "Cub Cadetitis"! And I'm glad I'm updated on my tetnis shot, cause the 104 decided to bite me at least once on this first day!!
Now that I think about it the dear wife was yelling at me yesterday about some crazy hernia thing, and moving the 104 around!! LOL
clappy.gif
drool.gif

Dennis F. and others. Just visited the Titan website and noticed for garden tractors they have listed the following. GARDEN TRACTOR TIRES Lug Type Garden Super Sure Grip®

My question is; Has anyone used these and if so what are they like?

Also... Company announced today another "permanent layoff". 90 at where I work and 50 @ Freeport. Things are going to be a little more stressful than usual at work the rest of this week.

MARLIN - I almost bought a pair of G-Y 6-12 POWER-TORQUE tires for the 72 when I first got it back in '81. They looked exactly like the G-Y tires We put on all the big tractors @ FARMALL. But I couldn't get "A Deal" on them....they gave Me a cap instead. With a BLIMP with racing tires on it. Pretty neat actually.
The Super Sure-Grip is the old 45 deg. angle lug, should pull pretty good in most conditions I would think.

I wasn't aware Sundstrand had a plant in Freeport, but then it's amazing what all gets built in that little town! I hope the best for everyone effected by these layoffs. They're becoming all too common lately.

I have a model 100 that I use for pushing snow here in Ohio, which we have more than enough. The problem is at first it would jump out of first gear, that has stopped now it jumps out of reverse. Is it an adjustment or major problem Thanks in advance bhowe}}}

Ok, Just brought home a 149 yesterday and im not getting spark at the plug or the points. I swapped coil and condensor from a working tractor and am still not getting any spark. Whats the next move??THanks,Dustin

Dustin,

I am not the expert, but are you getting 12 volts to the coil? Are the points opening and closing?
dunno.gif

Denny
I believe we are both right. If you look on www.titan-intl.com (your link is wrong, needs a hyphen rather than a dot) and on www.carlisle.com , both say that Carlisle bought the Titan OEM & aftermarket Lawn and garden tires, wheels, ATV, and light duty trailer tires, April/2000. Titan Tire, part of Titan International still makes farm/ag tires, along with others, and does own the GoodYear farm/ag line. I could not find any lawn & garden tires in the tire catalog on the titan-intl site. It's really not all that inportant. I have never used the Stones on a Cub Cadet, although have then on a Cub Lo-Boy, but like Todd, I like the 23-8.50-12 Carlisle Power Trac on Cub Cadets, specially when you look at the price difference between them and the Stones.

Dustin, I had some problems like that after I re-wired my 106 in the fall. I checked all my grounds and all that good stuff, and thought I had taken care of the problems till one day when I was plowing it happened again. Mine turned out to be a bad connection at the key switch. I'm not too sure that will help you out but just an idea of something to check.

Latest posts

Back