• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I'm posting again after a long absense. My neighbor finally decided he'd had enough when he went to back the 782 out of the garage and found that the starter gear had given up.

I have it in my out-building now and have started to gather as much info as I can. I have the owner's manual, and downloaded the service, deck, and Kohler service / owner's manuals.

I couldn't determine from the tractor's serial number what the maunfactor date was. The serial number on the plackard is:

20506014 740 750

The reference I found over on the IH Registry Forum lists the 782 as being built up until 1984, but the serial numbers end at 737 XXX. The 1985 models have serial numbers in the 740's, but don't list the 782 as being built that year.

My Kohler service manual shows my 141 881 45 engine as being built in 1984.

Anyway, do you suppose I have an end of the run machine? Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks - Brad Smith

BSmith: My immediate observation is that the serial number you posted isn't exactly correct. It doesn't follow the IH Kind/Code protocol. I'd re-check it for accuracy.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron B - Yea, I split up the numbers to split the year designators out from the string my neighbor wrote on the owner's manual. My research at the IH Registry indicated the last six numbers were the production numbers from which the year could be gleaned.

As I wrote, my neighbor wrote these on the cover of the OM and may have juxtaposed something. I'll have to look and see if they are correct.

Thanks

Tsk tsk tsk. The moron with ePay auction 7751843325 is at it again.

Last time he linked directly to images from my website.

This time he's copied our images, uploaded them to a 3rd party hosting site and is using them in his auction from there.

He (Ken Wooten) says in response to our questions (caution - he's well versed in the English language!):<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

You know what you cocksucker I didn't think there was any big deal.Trust me your graphics are not that good.All you had to do was bring it to my attention and I would have glady have taken them off.Most people do not have a problem sharing graphics,but then again there are a few dickheads like yourself that do.I didn't see anything on the site if I had I would not have used them.You don't have to worry about me ever using them again like I said they are not that good anyways.As far as going to my hosting site or your forum and complaining do what you have to do.I went ahead and closed my auction and trust me i'll be taking your loser ass graphics off of it.I really don't think they will help in selling the tractor.You could have been decent about it and I would have apologized and would have taken them off right away but again I can tell your not that kind of person.The auction is closed your graphics are deleted.You actually have a person that goes on ebay just to find if anyone is using your pictures??.All 2-3 of them?LOL.Man you guys must have a lot of time on your hands.I'd say a good forum would not have a problem with a fellow cub owner using graphics to sell a cub especially cheesy ones as yours.Email a smart ass email like you just did and i'll be reporting to ebay myself for harrassment .So if you want to keep going with this then knock yourself out !!!!!!!!!!.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote><font size="-1">I know I'm quakin' in MY boots
roflol.gif
</font>

Bryan,
OMG, now that's funny and very articulate I might add.
I wonder what happened with his last bidder that actually won the auction.
Can we all say SHILL BIDDER!!!

I knew we could! Snicker

Charlie -

Yeah, ain't he though?
lol.gif

If they weren't any good in the first place, why use 'em in one's auction?

Charlie -

Yup. Not those kinda boots. HQ steel toed workboots...

I need some help please. I am new at this so please don't beat me up to bad. I purshased a 3 point hitch from a local guy that told me it was for a wide frame cub cadet. Mine is a 1650 which I know is a wide fram. but after getting it home it looks to me like it is the wrong one. Did he sell me the wrong thing or am I missing something.<font size="-2">
34464.jpg
</font>

Mark L -

That's for a narrow frame.

Thanks guys thats what I thought. well its back to e-bay I go. Does some one have a pic of one for a wide fram so I can see the difference.

(Message edited by Mledford on March 21, 2006)

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Most people do not have a problem sharing graphics<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

My ass! I HATE that with a passion. I had someone linking to images on my personal site for their high traffic blog. I pulled a Charlie and replaced the images
angry.gif

Is that "hose" head a member here?

Rick M. -

Not here, but, um, well, you know...
wink.gif

Mark, here's what a wide frame 3 point hitch looks like. Note the "square" appearance of the cast part rather then "rounded" appearance of the cast part of the narrow frame version.

34473.jpg

34474.jpg

Norm B

Lift your seat up and check the safety switch mounted on the flat horizontal part of the fender assembly aft of the battery box. There should be a button sticking up there with maybe a rubber cover over it. The switch is intended to shut the motor down if you get off the seat with the front PTO still engaged. That's why there is also a spring attached to the seat base to lift it up when there is no weight on it. The switch sometimes get dirt and moisture in it and then they don't work well. A quick test is to pull the wire plug off the switch underneath and put a jumper wire on it. Then go mow a while to see if that fixed the problem. If so, then a new switch is the fix. Hope that helps.

Ron

Question? any one know if 782 mower deck spindle's will work on a 44 or 50 inch deck off of 129 and 1450 tractors. Thanks for any and all help. James

BWSmith: My records indicate that 782's were made thru 1985 and Serial Number 747224. The IH Kind is a 205 and the code for 1985 782 is 0601. There should be a letter U between the 2050601 and the one-up serial #. The ID tag should also have the following: 145-782-399 (this is the CCC designator).

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Latest posts

Back