• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbusch

displayname
Terry Busch
Jim,
My one arm loader has a hydraulic pump driven from the flywheel pulley. I wanted to be able to still use the front pto for my snow thrower and mower deck. This is what the loader looks like.
34421.jpg

The pulley will not handle side load very well. I had put a 1/4 inch thick washer between the pulley and the flywheel. Without the washer, the belt would it the flywheel screen bolt heads. Because the pulley was 1/4 inch closer to the hydro pump I had to drill a new hole for the drive shaft pin so I didn't damage the drive train. On my first design I warped a pulley. The flywheel bolt wasn't clamping the pulley to the flywheel tight enough. The pulley started to wobble. Once it wobbled it didn't take long for it to warp. To solve this problem I made a small plate. I drilled 3 holes in the plate. The plate mounts to the flywheel using the 2 flywheel puller threaded holes and the flywheel bolt. I drilled out the flywheel cup threads and used 4 -3 1/2 inch long bolts to mount the flywheel cup to the flat plate. The flat plate gives the pulley a solid surface to mount to and the flat plate is bolted or held in 3 places. This setup seems very sound.
34422.jpg

34423.jpg

I made an L bracket to mount the pump.
34424.jpg

I had to custom build a steel pulley for the pump. The pulley is one of those 2 part units you get from fleet farm. The reason I had to customize was that those style of pulleys are made for 5L belts. I cut the pulley into 2 halves, like twisting a Oreo cookie in half. I ground out enough material to turn it into a 3L pulley. Then I welded the pulley halves to the hub. I used a calipers to make sure the thickness of the pulley stayed constant.
34425.jpg

Here is the final product.
34426.jpg

Tom,

Bring it on.....haven't used the QA-42 all winter, why would the last week of March give me the opportunity?!?!?!?!?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
I still have the blade and weights of the 782, and it's parked right in front of the shed door. If we get enough heavy wet stuff I'll even throw the chains back on it....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

149 made nice work of lightly aerating the yard this afternoon, followed by a fertilizer application with the new Earth Way spreader (BIG improvement over the El-Crap-O Scotts), and some top seeding in some drought stricken spots....even harrowed in the seed with the cheap-o Agri-Fab dethatcher. Nice Cub afternoon!!!!

Steve,
It just dawned on me that my daughter is getting married Oct. 6th, and my 30th. Wedding Anniversary is Oct. 23rd.. Keep me in mind this fall.

Steve B,
Come on up this way and aerate my snow if ya get a chance!!!!!
Still got a good 4" on the ground, and they say there's more on the way! sigh

Built my second sleeve hitch today for the new 147. I started with the template I made last year from a drawing I found on the site.
34439.jpg

I cut up some 2x2x1/4" angle iron.
34440.jpg

I marked the overlaps and cut accordingly.
34441.jpg

I welded the angle iron.
34442.jpg

I welded a 1 inch rod into the hitch and drilled it for the pin. A little crude but effective. I also welded on the implement alignment nuts.
34443.jpg

I welded on the hanger nuts.
34444.jpg

Painted and primed.
34445.jpg

All ready for plow day!! Now if that snow would just melt.

Great job Terry, do you like the smell of that oak burning while welding--- get out the hotdogs.

That looks professional, Terry, good job! Good pics, too.
Got a problem, guys, whenever I engage the PTO on my 682, the engine dies. Replaced the switch but still does it, just not all the time. Bad connection somewhere, clutch?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hydro linkage question:

I've pulled my fender off my 1450 and exposed the trunnion linkage in an attempt to repair it per the FAQ instructions.

My trunnion arm isn't worn nearly as bad as some photos I've seen, and the "flats" of the remaining rectangle "cutout" are approximately the same as the dimensions given (in the FAQ).

My concerns are the flat plates and "pins" in the linkage; how do you keep these sliding surfaces adequately lubricated? The pivot posts are one thing, but the sliding flat surfaces and the pin/slots, how do you ensure lube stays on the contacting surfaces? Is it that important? Wouldn't lube attract dust, which would make it a good lapping compound? Is it better to just stay dry?

I suppose that after 30 yrs if it doesn't look too bad, I shouldn't worry now, I just hate seeing all those dry contacting surfaces.

whoaa 106 progress !!!!!!!
34450.jpg

tell me what you think. its on its way had to free up a valve this weekend and i got it runnin and now took it out for a spin. creeper 3 pth etc etc tell me if you want more pics.

(Message edited by dkeller on March 20, 2006)

Question: Where can I buy a mower spindle bearing kkd 7505-tti or st-745 for a 44-50 inch deck saw in archives someone said C&G what or where are they located none of brg shops around Charlotte N.C. can get it. I went to local Cadet Dealer where I normally buy parts and they have a new aluminum housing with a different style bearing want $120.00 bucks for it.Appreciate any help James

Do all IH mower decks share the same spindles? Just wondering, in case I run into any parts decks at all. If not which ones share the same spindles?

Thanks!

Mike M,
This was the one I made last year. I have a hitch extension so I need the hangers to go around the hitch. The new 147 has a standard hitch but I wanted them to be the same.
34453.jpg

Called my local cub dealer saturday to find out if they carried the 40lbs suitecase weights, they said they had some on hand but they where a bit pricey, $139.00 a set. decided to call the local JD shop to see what they had, 42# suitecase, $37.00 each, so I took a drive over to take a look and the ones they had on hand did not have the deer emblem molded into them, so $154 lighter in the check book I got 4 of them, will have to pick up some cub yellow or wite paint though cause these are painted the wrong color and I would hate to loose one in the yard as I would not be able to find them.

I was looking at the attachmenst in the FAQ. I am intriqued by the post hole digger. I do GeoTechnical Engineering work, and we often need to do hand auger holes to get samples, and to log the soil profile. Often, for Storm Water ponds, we need only to drill 10-15ft. That post hole digger sure looks like it would do the job.
Has anyone actually seen one?
Does it run off the front, or rear PTO?
How is the feed controled?
POOF.gif
<font color="ff0000">being a newbie is no excuse for not READING THE RULES!</font>

Roland thanks for the info called them and they are out of them currently the supplier is going to make another batch of them some time in April they quoted price of around $63.00.
Jim on spindle's 44-50 inch deck are same as far as I know 38,42,& 48 inch are different and I think 48 center spindle is different I may be wrong but there"s some people on this web site would Know for sure. James

Well, I'm curious if Steve B. got His three feet of snow last night?
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back