• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My 782 electric fuel pump solution.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Shelby

IHCC Supporter
Thought I’d share what I did as you are all so generous with your knowledge. I had a terribly cold blooded 782. Started hard and had to choke forever til she warmed up. The biggest culprit was low fuel pressure from the mechanical pump, but I cleaned the carburetor, too. I disassembled the carburetor, soaked it in fuel oil overnight, then cleaned and blew it out good. I soaked it overnight in carburetor cleaner for another night and blew it out good again. I gave the rest of the engine a good cleaning, too, while I had the carburetor out.
I was able to source a robust fuel pump solution from my local O’Reilly auto parts store. Precision Pump E16010, cost $39.99 with lifetime warranty. 2.3 PSI, 26.4 GPH. It’s a little on the large size but I’m good with that. It came with 3/8” nipples so I purchased 1/4”, new fuel line and filter. I realize the 782 has a strainer at the tank outlet but I didn’t mind the extra insurance.
She pops right off now with a quick choke when she’s cold. What a difference! 😊
I probably need to remove the mechanical pump now and fabricate a plate to cover the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpeg
    IMG_0962.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0964.jpeg
    IMG_0964.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts