• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 fuel pump

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wyrick

IHCC Supporter
After a no start condition with no fuel getting to the carburetor, I started looking at old forum questions. Kohler mechanical pumps were pricey and aftermarket parts are iffy. Digger posted a fuel pump from Amazon that he had used. I looked at it and it was $100. I found this one for $25 and it had pretty good reviews. At any rate, I installed it on the firewall and added an in-line fuse. Fired up instantly and it should also help cold weather starting. Time will tell if it lasts but I am initially very happy!

Attachments

• 20231018_164946.jpg
    20231018_164946.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
After a no start condition with no fuel getting to the carburetor, I started looking at old forum questions. Kohler mechanical pumps were pricey and aftermarket parts are iffy. Digger posted a fuel pump from Amazon that he had used. I looked at it and it was $100. I found this one for $25 and it had pretty good reviews. At any rate, I installed it on the firewall and added an in-line fuse. Fired up instantly and it should also help cold weather starting. Time will tell if it lasts but I am initially very happy!
As long as you didn't go over 2 PSI, your gonna love it!!~!!

Where did you find fuel pump and what brand/model is it?

That is much higher than the original pump. 1-2 psi. Get a Facet 40177.
I picked up at Facet pump from Napa to put on my 782. Like Matt said, doesn't need to be very high psi - sadly the one I got, lowest I could find (can't remember the PSI) it still wasn't really low. I honestly have my fuel tap on the tank only open about a turn to cut down on the fuel supply... it seems to work. Not sure if I'll shorten the life of the pump I have by doing that, but at least I'm not flooding it with fuel. Start up was pretty simple at least up until I parked it this past Spring. Fingers crossed it will continue to work well when I dig it out in a few weeks for winter firewood duties.

The driveshaft length will be different. The crank centerline dimension is the same, so you will use the same engine mounting spacers as with the Magnum/KT17.

The crank height is the same, but not depth. You will need to drill 4 new holes in your engine plate, or use a plate from an 1863/1864 etc. The PTO pulley placement is important so you will have to mock it up, or search for documentation on this or other forums as for exact dimensions. The swap is not an exact drop in, but it isn't terribly difficult either.

The crank height is the same, but not depth. You will need to drill 4 new holes in your engine plate, or use a plate from an 1863/1864 etc. The PTO pulley placement is important so you will have to mock it up, or search for documentation on this or other forums as for exact dimensions. The swap is not an exact drop in, but it isn't terribly difficult either.
Again, you’re a wealth of knowledge. 😊💯

Latest posts

Back