• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 fuel pump

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a no start condition with no fuel getting to the carburetor, I started looking at old forum questions. Kohler mechanical pumps were pricey and aftermarket parts are iffy. Digger posted a fuel pump from Amazon that he had used. I looked at it and it was $100. I found this one for $25 and it had pretty good reviews. At any rate, I installed it on the firewall and added an in-line fuse. Fired up instantly and it should also help cold weather starting. Time will tell if it lasts but I am initially very happy!
Where did you pull the hot (positive) for the fuel pump?

I tapped into a wire from the ignition switch that was “hot” only when the key was in the run position. I can’t remember where it went without looking and it is in the back of the shed. I won‘t be able to look until this weekend.

I tapped into a wire from the ignition switch that was “hot” only when the key was in the run position. I can’t remember where it went without looking and it is in the back of the shed. I won‘t be able to look until this weekend.
I found a wiring diagram. It’s hard to get behind the instrument panel. There’s gotta be a trick to it. I found a low pressure fuel pump at O’Reilly Auto parts with a lifetime warranty I’ll be posting a thread on when I get this wrapped up.

I tapped in the same place you did. The fuel pump is E16010. It's like $39.99 and comes with a lifetime warranty. You need to get 1/4" nipples as it comes with 3/8'. Works great!

mowing season starting in the Ozarks. Changeover from the blade to the mower deck. Wish I had enough room for a tractor for each implement!

Attachments

• 20240304_093838.jpg
    20240304_093838.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Is E16010 an O'Reilly part number, or the pump manufacturer's number? Who is the manufacturer? We don't have an O'Reilly around here, but other parts houses likely have this pump.

It’s at Gentry correct? Where specifically is the location? Any registration or just show up? I only have Saturday available. April 20 correct?
Hi John,
Sorry I missed this. Yes it's in Gentry. The address is 13344 Taylor Orchard Road. I'm attaching the flyer here as well. It's Friday the 19th and Saturday the 20th. No need to register, just show up.

Eric

Attachments

• TiredIronSpringShow.pdf
    688.5 KB · Views: 0
Is E16010 an O'Reilly part number, or the pump manufacturer's number? Who is the manufacturer? We don't have an O'Reilly around here, but other parts houses likely have this pump.
Sorry for delayed response. Yes, that’s an O’Reilly number. You can also order online. A number of folks swear by the Facet pump. I couldn’t find one in stock locally or I might have gone that route. I wanted to get it going that day. I can tell you it’s a little large but works great!

Last edited:
Sorry for delayed response. Yes, that’s an O’Reilly number. You can also order online. A number of folks swear by the Facet pump. I couldn’t find one in stock locally or I might have gone that route. I wanted to get it going that day.
Thanks! I'm familiar with Facet, as the Cessna 310, 401/402, and other 400-series aircraft used Facet electric pumps as fuel boosters on the tip tanks. Plus, I used to surveil the Facet plant down in Bristol, VA.

Thanks! I'm familiar with Facet, as the Cessna 310, 401/402, and other 400-series aircraft used Facet electric pumps as fuel boosters on the tip tanks. Plus, I used to surveil the Facet plant down in Bristol, VA.
I don’t think you can’t go wrong with the Facet. I just wanted to get it going that day and O’Reilly had this in stock.

Latest posts

Back