• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 Electric Fuel Pump

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleggett

displayname
Steve
This followed me home a while back
303257.jpg

303258.jpg

303259.jpg

She didn't run so well, I cleaned and put a kit in the carb and she runs good until the fuel runs down to about a 1/4 tank. Checked the fuel pump and nothing, she isn't pumping. So I bought a fuel pump from Kirk Engines. I think I have it in a good place, what do y'all think?
I will prolly move the fuel filter back by the steering column.
303260.jpg

303261.jpg

303262.jpg

If anyone has a better place to mount a fuel pump please let me know, pics would be great.

Turbulator kit to help evenly distribute fuel in the Mag Twin manifold. It's an actual Kohler part that is supposed to help with loading up one side of the manifold with rich fuel mixture.

Don't know if they help must in real life, but can't hurt much either

I mounted my Facet Cube on the unused coil bracket, right beside the carb.

The directions for the Cube say to mount below the gas tank, that's what I was going for, I don't much care for where I have it in the pics...
I thought if I mounted it on the engine it would be subject to too much vibration and decrease its life but I might just mount it near the carb.
Thanks for your input.

Steve, that strange looking fluted piece is called the turbulator, direct from Kohler. It was intended to provide more swirl to the fuel/air mixture which aids against gas puddling in the intake. In other words it keeps the fuel suspended in the airflow better, instead of dropping out.

It was great to see your post, brought back some great memories of when I worked their in engineering. I was in the group that designed and tested this.

Side note: this also does wonders on the Command single cylinders that have a rough idle, stumble on throttle up. Although never intended for these engines, it does wonders to improve cold starts also.

Steve, your mounting location for the Facet pump is great. It avoids the engine heat and vibration there while being in an optimized location for function.

We always advised that when using an electric, you should briefly pause when turning the key to allow the pump to recharge the float bowl, then crank the engine.
old.gif

Vincent, you can either leave the dry pump in place, which is fine, or you can make a blank plate to bolt up to the flange where the pump mounts. Either way fuel would no longer enter the crankcase as the pump is no longer "in the loop" as it is bypassed with the electric pump feeding directly to the carb.

Thanks Jim, I'm glad I sparked good memories of the Turbulator.
I think I will mount the fuel pump where I have it, as soon as I get some extra time...

I'd like to get a rear lift for my 1811, do I need the lift bar with a single bend or double bend?
I'll prolly get Extreme Motorworks sleeve hitch bracket with the extra side tabs.

Straight bar for 1811, assuming sleeve hitch. Same as 782.....

I'm thinking about rebuilding the steering column on my 1811.
Before I tear into it , I'd like to get the thrust bearing for the pitman arm stud, is it 3/4"? It sure appears bigger than my 1000.

Latest posts

Back