• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 12, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
This morning I was making pancakes for breakfast and suddenly there was this very LOUD and forlorn crying/meowing of a kitty coming from outside my kitchen window. That really upset me. I stepped outside and called kitty kitty, but no kitty came and after that it didnt call out again. It sounded as though it was a kitty who was use to being in and was out in the cold and when it saw the lights on in the house, it started calling HELP.!! When Marlin came down from upstairs I told him about the kitty calling out and he hurridly got dressed while I fixed up a pan of food/a whole can of wet food and also dry food. We took our flashlights and went out. Me in my stocking feet, as I felt that was safter then shoes, what with all the ice out there. We couldnt find the kitty in the sage that I have growing.( it is excellent cover and protection for birds, rabbits etc in the winter time and it is very stiff and thick.) So, anyways, I set the food down at the edge of the sage and we came back in. Of course, when you really need outside light there isn't any and both our security light on the garage and our light by the door are burnt out, so marlin went back out and got a trouble light out of the garage and pulled it in by the kitchen door. At least then the kitty had a little light. Marlin went back out to start the Dakota and bring it up to the door, he checked the food and ALL the canned food had been eaten. We felt relief that it did eat the food. I am anxious for light to emerge so I can go out and see if I can see the kitty. I hope it isn't an indoor kitty that got out or kicked out.! Not sure what I'll do about it if I find it. if its a kitten, or a tame adult and I feel it needs shelter I can bring it in and put it on the 3 season porch, at least it would be out of the coldest of weather. Well, will just have to seee what happens when light comes.

Annie sat on the counter by the door with big eyes and her radar on, as though saying to me, oh oh a kitty is in dire straits. ( I hope not). We can't just bring in another kitty, a stray. Not safe or smart. But perhaps we can get a shelter put up for it after marlin gets off work, if its around, although it should be able to get into the garage. There are enough holes. lol.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Cathleen, I hope you find that kitty. Would be a shame if someone kicked it outside.
angry.gif

Cathleen, when we make pancakes, M-M HAS to have the plate after we're done eating so he can lap up the remaining maple syrup!! No foolin! He's crazy for the stuff!!! Maybe that'll entice the stray out of hiding? You never know 'til you try it!

Cathleen,

Do you have a boxtrap you could use? That would help you catch it. They have these on sale at Tractor Supply if there is a T.S. in your area. I used one to capture Louie last year when they went missing. If I lived close by I would be glad to bring you one of my boxtraps, but I guess it's just a bit too far.
Keep us posted.

no kitty yet. No kitty calling out in distress since yesterday morning. I kept going out yesterday on my hunt, but I knew it wasn't in the sage, cuz everytime I went out, the birds flew up out of it. lol. It is eating all the food we put out, which is good. At the least I would like to get a look at it to see what age and what shape it is in. I put out food this morning and stood at the window, watching for it to come up, and of course, NOTHING. I put food out about 3:30 this morning and its now 6am and it still hasn't come up to eat the food, so not sure what is up. No Marty, we dont have a box trap. The neighbors have a live trap, but I am hesitant to use it unless I find out it is in distress. Will have to wait this one out. I couldnt have stood it this morning if I would have had the same crying/meowing as yesterday. We didnt fix up any shelter either, as I told marlin its not that cold and it could more then likely get in the garage or the neighbors shed if need be for shelter, and I somehow get the feeling its in the neighbors shed.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Marty, ((smiles)0n box and live trap being the same.

Still no kitty. Isn't wasn't around all of yesterday and no food eaten, so hopefully it found its way back to its warm home.!!

angel.gif
Cathleen

Fuzzy's got a new fort- banana box complete with a roof turret
253684.jpg

"I will killed anyone that gets near"

Scott T. Fuzzy must think that he is in his own little sports car.
happy.gif
Shift.gif

Scott T, what a darling pic of Fuzzy in the ' tank'..lol. What a look of complete bliss. And the link about kitties killing, what murderer's they really are, was really hilarious, but in a way NOT, for those who kill, its instinct.!! ( You can teach your kitty to not be a killer. I did with mine..lol)

Allen, the trio looking in for FOOD is so cute. That orange one looks like it has the biggest grin on its face. A great looking group.!! Guess you wouldnt get out the door without food..lol.

The Cartoon was cute. My kitties have never killed birds though. Not sure why. I always told them to be nice, and so they have been. I remember years ago I had a few outside and one was playing with a bird, and accidentally killed it and Cheyenne the poor kitty, felt so remorseful. Seriously.!! I have pics of my little Eek Eeek , the robin that I raised one summer with the cat. I'll have to find those pics. Buckshot never attempted to harm Eek. The birds around here seem to also know that Fancy isn't a threat. He'll walk right past them as thouh saying Hiya, and leaves them alone.

sensitivity training...hahaha

Annie loves to watch the box elder bugs in the house, but she never kills them. The only bug she will kill is spiders. Which is a good thing, since Daddy marlin has been bit several times..she's the keeper of Daddy I guess, to keep him safe(er)

angel.gif
cathleen

Whiskers and litter.!!

Do any of your cats whiskers change color? hence from black to white or vice versa? Both Fancy and Tootsie, our two black kitties, their whiskers will be all black and then they switch em up to white and then back again. So odd.???

Litter. Are your cats picky about the litter you use? I switched to Fresh Step as that is what seemed to be the favorite, preferred litter for Hannah. If you used another litter she would pee on the carpet. urrr. Well awhile back we had a problem with her again and marlin said to try Tidy cat and I said no, she only likes Fresh step. Well one day at the store, Tidy Cat was a lot less, so I grabbed it instead, and I should have listened to marlin as Hannah prefers that over the FS, and hasn't been peeing outside the box. AND, I discovered the multi-cat, hard clumping litter lasts twice if not three times longer then the Fresh Step. Which is great, since litter can be a real expense. I won't use the non-scoopable stuff due to the dust and the clean up is impossible with the non clumping stuff.

I was watching the cat from hell show on animal planet and found out that some kitties that have been declawed really have problems with litter and it hurting their feeties. poor kitties and so that in itself can cause a declawed kitty to go outside of their litter box. interesting. I wouldnt have thought of that, but makes perfect sense.

angel.gif
cathleen

Cathleen, Tony has only every used the scoopable fresh step. He only goes outside his litter pan if we go away. I thought he was sick the first time he did it, so I ran him to the vet. The vet laughed and said he's fine, just mad that you left him. We had a new kid watching him and he didn't like him. So his old sitter, who is an adult now, who he loves, said he would take care of him. These cats are spoiled.

Mel, lol about Tony missing his box.! Yeppers he let you know what he thought of you leaving him Home ALONE.! when Hannah gets mad at me, which isn't often, she will pee on the carpet. Like " piss on you" type of attitude I guess. lol. The furkids are spoiled, I agree. They train us Well, don't they? hahaha

angel.gif
cathleen

I don't understand that either Allen. Those are probably the same people that ignore the fact there are bulldozers everywhere ripping out trees so they can build yet another house/development. They never read about or get out and witness nature. I don't care what we do...cats are always gonna be cats.

At any given time I can walk out and find voles, mice, field rats, and even a bird at times just lying out there in the front yard. Most times they will even tell me they're almost home with their kill...especially Graygirl. She's very vocal. I have to put a tomato cage under the bird feeder to try and curtail domestic hunting. I've looked out and seen all three cats watching the feeder but they all have pretty much gotten my message and don't bother it much now.

Latest posts

Back