• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny,
The aluminum clutch is your culprit. Aluminum disks work great for pulling competition; but, have some drawbacks when used for less demanding applications. Aluminum on steel has a very high coefficient of friction resulting in a extremely strong clutch; but, you can't hardly slip them when the tractor is not heavily loaded. They tend to be either engaged or disengaged with no middle ground. There are some things you can do to lessen the problem.
Disassemble the clutch and replace the teaser spring with a 5/8 " ID by 1/2" long spacer. Then put a 5/8" split lock washer between the pressure plates. The lock washer will serve as a spring to force pressure plates apart when you start to disengage the clutch. Doing this will give you a much smoother clutch action with the aluminum disk; but, it will still be harder to slip than a stock disk. It will get a little smoother once you get a little wear on the pressure plates as well. If the pressure plates have just been resurfaced, they have a relatively rough surface which compounds the problem your having.

Paul D. -

Who died and left you moderator?
wink.gif

And yes, not only wasn't it very ethicle, but it wasn't very ethical, either...

Charlie -

Well, there was about 5 minutes back in 1999...
lol.gif

Another good reason to come to PD.
I just got these 2 personalized autographed books from Hank Will today for door prizes or raffle!
34489.jpg

34490.jpg

<font size="+1">THANKS HANK</font>

Oh yea! He sent me another one cause I didn't want to use my autographed copy for everyday use. Only problem is, he autographed that one too!
That and he personalized it with a bit of a funny! snicker

(Message edited by cproctor on March 22, 2006)

I give up!
I bid on a Cub the other day and didn't win it. Then I got one of those 2nd chance offer things from greedbay offering it to me for my last bid price which was way less than it went for, LOL
Trying to be a nice guy for a change, I emailed the real seller just to inform him of what was going on and I get this crap back!

"Look...if you read that and think it is real you are nuts... you think someone would sell an item of that worth and have it end for $2000 and then send you an offer of $400 and hold it til April 3rd... "

Will the narrow fram 3 point hitch that I posted the picture of fit a 70? I am hooked I just bought a 70 yesturday.

Charle,
See what being nice gets ya
happy.gif

If I got an e-mail lke that from someone I'd be really happy that the problem was noticed.

Mark L. -

Yup. The stepped bracket isn't used. Get yourself a piece of 1/2" rod from the hardware store to make yourself an appropriate shaft for the cast piece..

Hey Brian,
It's about time we post some more pics of FOOD!

<font size="-2">Ya think the pics will get pirated?
confused.gif
</font>
--Ray

Ray -

Well, it sure won't be at the Berghoff, that's for sure... But yes, indeed, lunch is overdue, as are your books...

Tedd,
I'm holding out for someplace closer to home. I don't think my trailer will make it out of state. . .
dunno.gif

Bryan,
I'll e-mail ya. We should probably eat a cheeseburger or something dull so that Charlie doesn't have a cow over what we eat. . .
roflol.gif

Tedd,
Bring your plow. I'll be expanding the garden this year!
34492.jpg

34493.jpg

Can someone tell me where to find a replacement seat for 70? I just bought the tractor and the seat is shot. I tried to post this in the classified section but it said that I did not have permision

(Message edited by mledford on March 22, 2006)

Mark,
Be sure to check with one of the sponsors at the top of the page. (Madsons, Cub Cadet Connection, Houtz). They're sure to have both new and used seats. I did see new seats at the local IH dealer the other day. They still sell and service Cub Cadets.

Latest posts

Back