• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, I hope so. It's all I do now. After the move east the wife has a honeydoo list so long I'll never get to play with the 73...
worthless.gif

David, nice job on the lift rod! I like the new link at the top of the page too!

Charlie,
happy.gif

Robb, when are you going to buy a CC100?

Ray R., is the hydraulic pump from a narrow frame IH hydraulic lift or is it something else? If it is the IH one do you have the manual?

DAVE K #1 Your tractors ALWAYS look so detailed! Terry B. - Without actually looking closely at the fracture surfaces of those pieces It looks like a needle bearing or ball bearing race failed and a prior owner didn't get all the little pieces out, just the big chunks.
And the GOOD NEWS? Sounds like some of US in central Wisconsin will get some seat time in the next couple days. Predicting about 6+/-" around Madison.... up to 10-12" in a band from LaCrosse to Green Bay. Wet HEAVY snow that pulls up blowers really good! I think I'll use the Super H & loader...
thumbsup_old.gif

I,ve searced for 2 days and cant find this, maybe someone can help me. Am changing engine in my 104 to a 16hp. got engine for replacement but its a JD. I think the pto shaft is longer than on the cub and would like to shorten it before taking the old engine out. Anyone know the length of the pto shaft for the cub?

Progress on the 149..
got the engine ready to paint... a mix of old and new...

33987.jpg

Hydro is ready, welded the trunion, new seals, turned the rotors.. gotta get brake pads...
33988.jpg

And, here is the beginning of my attempt at fixing the QA point, got a copper backer, with a round rod to weld around... Maybe it'll work maybe not...
33989.jpg

someday i'll 'figgerout how to take clear close-ups...
biggrin.gif
rtfm.gif

(Message edited by stanner on February 15, 2006)

DAVID - I think the oil pans are different also between the JD & Cub Cadet spec engines. Plus going from a 10 HP CC to a 16 HP JD You can't swap your old CC pan either. The 10 HP pan is a flat bottom pan because of the shorter engine stroke while the 16 HP has a drop section sump for connecting rod clearance due to the longer stroke. You could swap Your 10 HP crank AND pan onto the 16 HP piston, rod, & block however.

Scott -

What Paul said.

Usually a camera setting with a "flower" icon. A fixed focus camera can't be expected to take clear pics within about 2 feet, thus the special mode.

Bryan/ Paul...

BTDT... i dunno... maybe I am not still enuf..
bash.gif

Scott -

You coulda just said that you took the last pic with a cell phone and we woulda been none the wiser
lol.gif

Hi everyone.
I'm beginning to work on a 44A deck, planning to have it running this summer on my 129. It will replace the "old" trusty, rusty and worn, 42-inch deck.
I found from way back in the vault that several rebuilds are shown, including Steve Blunier's great pictures and instructions. I'd like to make some front deck wheel brackets like Steve's. Since I work at a steel fab shop, it should be easy. Does anyone have sketches with dimensions for sizes, bend line location and hole location? I can "wing it", but if someone has dimensions, it would be easier.
Thanks.

worthy.gif
Charlie,I could use those measurments too, if you don't mind......
thumbsup.gif

(Message edited by dallen on February 15, 2006)

Charlie,

Got snow? We're in the middle of a white-out here.

JimE
34000.jpg

Jim E.
3" and rising here.
Course the 25 MPH wind ain't helping matters any.

I'm still at the leaf blower stage right now, hoping for at least blade deep snow before it ends!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, point that leaf blower north, we'll be lucky if we get an inch of snow up here.
sad.gif

CHARLIE - Wife says We're getting hammered pretty good around Madison..... I'm going to use the BIG tractor tonight before it gets too cold.... Loader on the Super H. Here around Milwaukee it's still raining but starting to freeze.... I think I'll have to drive the 60 miles home running in the median on I-94 today..... dodging all the stuck cars of course..... Be too slick on the pavement!

Latest posts

Back