• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Stan, you got bit by what we call "the archive bug" please repost your picture. When you're the last post and you post a photo and the page goes to archive for some reason the image does not get posted.

Don, wow, that poor Cub came awful close to being gone for good. Nothing like a last minute save. Well done!

just a pic of my 100 with a danco loader and three point hitch, I also have an IH york rake,8 disc harrow, and a 10" plow.
33884.jpg

I will try to get more pics up of my other toys
100, a 104 for parts,3 124's, a 107 project, a 147 in the process of restoration, a 1250, a 1450, a 782 red, and an 882D

Wayne:
Go for it. I bought my Original for slightly less and it had a blown engine. Yours will even have a hood ornament. . .
thumbsup.gif

Jeff H:
I second Kraig's request. I'd like to see a few more pics of the 124.

The hydro leak is getting worse. I split the tractor today. The bottom of the hydro where the brake rocker shaft goes was dripping with hydro. Shown is red here.
33911.jpg

I looked everywhere for the source but no luck.
Here is a picture of the bottom where the hydro was leaking. Right below the suction tube.
33912.jpg

The back of the hydro below the cork seal was moist but it was not soaked. This is quite the head scratch-er. I took the hydro to the car wash and pressure washed it.
33913.jpg

Looks like I need to fix this.
33914.jpg

33915.jpg

Any ideas or maybe some wagers on where the leak is coming from?
dunno.gif

I am going to put the hydro back in and block up the axles tomorrow. I'll let the tractor run until I see a leak. Might make for a long wait.
coffee.gif

check the gaset between the pump and the rear end most of mine that leaked did it there

We got about 12"-15" of snow here in eastern PA ( south of Allentown,PA )

Since my shed isn't heated and that makes my 125 a bit hard to start, I threw together a "warming hut" to preheat my cub.

I took two pieces of 4'x 8' 1" thick foil backed insulation for each side. I had two 1/2" thick foiled pieces for each end and a piece of 1" thick foldable ductwork for the top. I put my 1500 watt electric oil heater in right next to the 125 and plugged it in. I have it set at medium, 900 watts, as it's in the low 20s right now.

33925.jpg

Here's a side view. I was a foot short on the front insulation so I hung a piece of cardboard over the front.
33926.jpg

I'll see how well this works in a hour or so.

wave.gif
Jeff

(Message edited by jderstine on February 12, 2006)

Jeff D,
Send some or ALL of that snow to Minnesota, 6" all freakin year! Grrrrrrrrrrr

Your little warming shed gives a new meaning to HOT CUB!
beerchug.gif

After propping up the rear axle and running the hydro full speed for a half hour. I found the leak. I used jack stands and I chained the tractor the the garage wall in case it fell off the jack stands. Item #5 below is leaking. It's the right side seal on the stub shaft of the swash plate.
33930.gif

I just hope I can get the seal out without too much trouble. Has anyone replaced this seal without disassembling the hydro? I will be giving it a try.

My brilliant idea worked very well.
old.gif
It fired right off.

What started as a nice fluffy snow last night ended up as a very heavy, dense snow. You can see it pushing in front of the QA-42
33936.jpg

My wife made sure she got a shot of the 125 with the headlights on.

33937.jpg

The mask I have on is from my snowmobiling days. It's a snokel type mask that keeps your breath away from your glasses so they don't fog up.

wave.gif
Jeff

Hey Charlie,
Remember the good 'ol days when we used to get snow like Jeff?
old.gif

I fixed the trunion.
33943.jpg

33944.jpg

And the shaft that puts the hydro in neutral when you push the pedal.
33945.jpg

33946.jpg

Napa has the right sized seal but I would have to order it. I am going to see if the local IH dealer has it on hand tomorrow. I measured it as 1" OD and .688" ID. Can anyone confirm the sized?

Thanks,

Terry B,
No joke! Nothin to speak of all winter here, sigh!

Let me give you a little tip since you fixed the trunion slot. Replace those springs and spring caps. You won't regret it.

Just got done mowing. Tried to mow yesterday with the green one but would not run good. Had to put the charger on the 129 and put some gas in the tank, and it fired right off and ran just like it did last fall. Had to take the rotor tiller off and put the mower deck on, but I got her done. Asked the wife if I could sale the green one. That was a mistake

Hello all,

Things in Northern Mass. are white and getting whiter. During the second round of snow throwing I noticed the left side of my QA42A was hanging off my 149. I pulled back into the garage and made several attempts to push it back on ("Don't use force; get a bigger hammer."). I finally took the thing off and found that one of the posts that click into the quick hitch was missing.

Are these welded or attached some other way to the snow throwers? Any suggestions on a replacement part?

Thanks,

Jim

Terry B.
Sorry to bring you bad news, to replace seal #5 you need to disassemble the hydro.

Jim,
when redoing my QA, I drilled out what was left of the pin, and replaced it with a pin from the hardware store that I turned down to match what was there...

Terry,
that trunion looked exactly like mine... I can't wait to drive a totally fixed hydro. That other rod was really fubar!!

Latest posts

Back