• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry, My 125 has been leak free for 6 years. IMHO I say cork. If you are using it to mow than it's a good idea to tear down and clean any way a lot of junk gets up there.

Jerry H.
I think your question was answered yesterday on another forum wasn't it?
confused.gif

I'm ready for old man winter now!!

Pretty much done putting the 129 back together and in winter trim, tested the snow blower, fixed the lights, got the wheel weights on, and fixed the neutral creep (mostly anyway).

KENtuck, You can come borrow my 102 with the yellow blade to move some of that "yellow snow"

48948.jpg

48949.jpg

48950.jpg

I even got tail lights

ihrotate.gif
}

Bruce N.
You say your ready?
Umm, I think your missing the one key item that we all are!
SNOW
biggrin.gif

BTW, I test my thrower out every year by flingin walnuts around in the fall. It cleans up any rust spots and makes raking eaiser for the wife.
buttrock.gif

Charlie, I think those in Denver would differ with you, but here in MD, the grass has grown enough since November to need a trim. At least the mower deck is ready.
deadat30.gif

Bruce, Nice 129... I'm gonna assume that that is slip plate in/on your snowblower... I hear it really works
Stupid question, but I'm curious, why did they switch to aluminum axle tubes in the QL's, and why did they switch to a slide type shifter for the hydro?

I got a free 1250 several months back and was told by the PO that the engine was stuck. After speaking with my uncle, I took a pair of vice grips to the drivetrain and turned in a clockwise motion. The starter was hung up (for lack of a better term). After it was freed, the starter and drivetrain would spin when the key was turned (previously there was just a clicking noise). However, even with the battery fully charged (and I checked voltage after charging), the starter spins slower and slower with each turn of the key. Another thing I noted is that there doesn't appear to be any spark when I take out the plug and turn the tractor over while placing the plug next to the frame. Any ideas on where to proceed from here? Thanks for any and all help. I am a mechanical novice.

Thanks,
Jason

P.S. Appears that the ISO mounts are also shot on the engine.

If you need to top off your tranny in a 149, or any other model with the back fill plug, go to Wallyworld and buy a squeeze condiment bottle. It holds about 10 ounces of fluid and no overfill like I used to do with a funnel and hose.

Jason F:

First, welcome to the forum.
48954.jpg

With regards to the starter. There could be several reasons why this starter turns over slowly:
* Dry Bearings within the starter
* Insufficent Voltage going to starter
* Bad or inadequate grounding
* Bad or poor cables and/or terminal ends
* Poor contacts within the Starter Solenoid

Since this starter is on a 1250, it is mounted with two bolts, and a battery cable. You may want to remove this and bench test it outside the tractor. You could also take it to a Starter Repair Shop for examination. Once you have ruled the starter out, then if the problem still exists, start looking into the areas mentioned above.

48955.jpg

Glen, I got her coated with something similar called EZ-Slide, and I will have to wait until it snows to find out how well it works.

Latest posts

Back