• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
I was curious whether KENtucK was right about the older GM window motors not being strong enuff to work as a QA chute rotator, so since I had a bunch of them (plasma cutter and a friends 78 Olds '98 that was headed to the junk yard..), I put one together to test it. Ken - I'm pretty sure you're right - those older motors have a field winding rather than permanent magnets and don't have as much starting torque. Anyway, I'm going to weld the mounting tab on this lashup and at least try it. I've already found a late model one with PM fields. My two finger dyno tells me the torque on those is about 10 times as great as the older ones.
48900.jpg
If that doesn't have enough gumption, I've got this in reserve, but I'm not sure if I can get a 12 tooth sprocket it on the shaft. The gearbox is rated at 50 HP.
48901.jpg

whistling.gif

sorry guys, Im a little confused. If I go to buy this bearing on ebay, what bearing number do I look for???

Dad's Red 149 and a stock 149
48903.jpg

Plowing:
48904.jpg

48905.jpg

48906.jpg

Different view mowing grass
48907.jpg

Mower is from a Simplicity tractor. Mower deck had factory power take on it. Deck is 48 inches wide.

Tractor Info:
Tractor started out as a IH Cub Cadet 149. Motor is a stock 14 horse Kohler. Rear tires are Firestones 26 X 12.00s. Front tires are tri ribs 4 X 8. Frame was lengthen 10 inches so Dad could use a tiller drive system to run mower. Power to run mower comes off the front power take off. You will loose front power take off when you make a narrow front tractor unless you lengthen the frame. The housing that holds headlights is off a Quiet Line Cub. One of the neat features (I think) is the tractor has 2 different styles rear lifts. It has the original lift that IH made and a Category-0 three point lift system. Dad uses the sleeve hitch system to plow with and Cat-0 Three point lift system to lift the mower. This tractor was built to be a worker.

Dad is 75 and is a retired machinist. He likes to tinker in his shop. It took 9-10 months to build this tractor.

Robert F.
I might sound a little grumpy here but since your not going to even try a sponsor or anyone that sells parts on the forum.
My suggestion would be to ask ebay!

eBay? Someone'd buy their bearings on eBay??
roflol.gif

I dunno about anyone else, but I use these fine li'l sealed NTNs from McMaster...

48909.jpg

At least I think those are the right ones
lol.gif
I just kinda grabbed whatever looked about right from the garage.

Kendell - I told ya so. Those old ones are weak. I'd like to have that purty little 'ltric winch ;)
Right now I'm trying to find a 12v one for my toyota.

Glen - come get my Cub tractor started. It started with a click of the key until it sat in the rain now it wont hit a lick no matter how much I cuss. I had to pull it outta the way with the 2166.

Robert -- IF you buy a bearing on Epray it doesn't matter what part # you give them because it won't last long enough anyway. 99% of what you'll get is from China and VERY poor material to begin with.

Digger -- BACK OFF DUDE! You tryin' fer my spot at the table ??
48912.gif

Hey Grump,
I watched a video today with your belly hangin over the table edge and you playin in the sand with your spoon!
biggrin.gif

Did ya like the muzac in da background? That's nothing, I bought a 36" belt a while ago (of all places) at Tractor Supply - when I got home I put it on and now I need a 38". It fit in the store over my thick shirt and pants ... ??? I may have to buy one of those webbed haybine belts next.

Why is it that when you email a tool seller on Epray about the warranty on their China made products they don't answer ? Guess I'll have to buy a Ramsey winch , at least they are MADE IN USA!

So, Dale, I see that the exhaust pipes have a tendency to change, I like the chrome one best...
KENtuk, did ya threaten, and "Fonzie" it? I find a swift kick in the sires, or nose gets her goin the best... I think it works om MTD's too, because that's what I did to get my MTD 800 series workin again...
f16.gif

Well, I guess one of those gifs covers your current situation....
screwloose.gif

Ok KENtucky Ken I am back and here's what happened when I asked Maws about building a new "red tractor". Exact conversation!!!

My wife and I had words about "Cubs"
bottom.gif
I didn't get to use mine."

Pops
whistling.gif

Ben - I knew after you crawled out from under da bed
worthy.gif
you'd give us a report
help.gif

Well, Dale, You could always use an underhood muffler, and then use the straight pipe so it is less loud, or wear ear plugs.
Bummer KENtukyKen, I guess maybe your other tractors will taunt it bad enought that it will magically start, like my PIA 149...

charlie, I need to be able to post on the classified section. For some reason, I can't post in either of the classified's. Can you fix this??

Glen,
There's 2 things you really oughta have if you own anything old!
Test light and an Ohm meter.
You won't regret either one, especially right now.

Back