• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwilke

displayname
Ryan D Wilke
Josh O.,
On WHAT debate? Who's wanting to debate?

It can't be that you're referring to my questions to Jim L regarding his Cub engines or that you're referring to Frank's issues with testing a coil?

Ryan Wilke
1a_scratchhead.gif

Sounds like someone should post a question about high test gas vs regular. That might just get a repeat rally started.

Just kidding Charlie...

Wayne, lets kick it up a notch, BAM! <font size="-2">hydros vs gear drives)</font>

Don't anyone really even think of that during the holidays.
shame.gif

Kraig, i remember seeing a pic of a christmas village and santas reindeer beeing cubs on here, any idea what im talking about... i know someone refrenced that all the cubs were hydros...AKA girl cubs
angel.gif

Matt, Are you referring to David Kirk's photo with the Nativity Scene? I'll see if I can dig it up.

<font size="-1"><font face="arial,helvetica">Ohh boy.....hydros are girl cubs..... here we go...... (as he ducks behind a bunker)</font></font>
clappy.gif

Ryan Wilke
angel.gif
crazy.gif

Here's David Kirk's:

182604.jpg

Or could it be this one that Kendell posted?

182605.jpg

Man, that's an easy one to solve!

The ULTIMATE/BEST Cub Cadet is a FEMALE/Zig-Zag/HYDRO that uses Regular Gas with just a hint of MMO that's shaken, not stirred!

PERIOD!

THE END!
thumbsup_old.gif

...and can be scared into starting when she gets stubborn. Frank Snerd take note:
182608.jpg

The 149's a girl????? With this pair of weights hangin' between it's rear wheels??

182611.jpg

Tell ya what, if the 129's a girl, she sure is tough (takes Godzilla to light her lights....) ( or maybe she's kinky...
confused.gif
)
182619.jpg

I'm gonna leave now..........

I am using a QA42 frame and drive with a CW36 snowthrower on my 105.
The belt seems too short. I have the adjusted the plate and angle drive all the way up and it is still almost too tight to get on.
I could force it but it seems odd that the belt should be so tight.
I cross referenced the belt. The one I have is 3/8 by 28 and it is segmented.
This is IH-487043 and it seems like the correct belt.
Am I missing something?

Tom, that sounds like the correct belt. Are you SURE the gear box is adjusted all the way up? I use a QA42 on a 125 and there's plenty of room to slip the belt on.

Tom:
I think you need the IH-55053-C1, which is for that application, using the QA42a frame...it's 30"

Kendell, this place should be PG, at least cover em up. (you kinow godzilla is a girl too, right)
Move along nothing to see here?

Isn't there a pic of a local parade where the Cub Cadet dealer rigged up 4 hydro cubs (149's I think) pulling a "sleigh"? I think that's what Matt is looking for.

Oh, and obviously there are male Cubs and female Cubs cause they keep multiplying around my place every nine months or so. hahahahaha!!!!

Kraig and Kendall,
I took one of the mounting bolts off and the plate was at the end of the slot. There is no more adjustment. The 30 belt would work but I just discovered another problem. When I try to attach the CW36 to the QA42 frame the drive shaft is too long. The 42 shaft is longer still.
I suppose I could fab a new frame but I need to get this out of the shop so I can use my wood working tools. Christmas will soon be here and everyone wants bird feeders.
I have 2 walk behind blowers that work fine and I don't mind using them.
I think I am going to try to sell or swap my collection of snowthrowers for a push plow.
Pushing stuff around would probably be just as much fun.
Or I might start looking for a tractor that will spin the QA42.
I had thought of putting a bigger motor on the 105 but I hate to break it up since it is in nice shape and original.

As always, thank you for all the help.

Latest posts

Back