Well, I did not take any video. I was so excited to finally use it that I just didn't even think of it. It is early yet, and winter has not even come. My girlfriend will be back from Florida this weekend, hopefully she'll be around to shoot some video the next time it snows.
This round of snow was basically slush, so the snowblower had a hard time with it, and it clogged about 4 times during the course of the evening and following morning's work. I have a plastic spade which came with my walk-behind snow blower. I keep it under the seat of the tractor and use it as needed. Anyway, the snowblower works very well. However, being a single stage, it clogs easily on wet, heavy snow, and I must be cautious not to move through the snow too quickly. It also tends to get overloaded when I push it too hard, causing the drum to lock up, and the belt begins to squeal/burn. It does not happen so much that it is a nuisance, and even still I was able to travel at about walking speed without having any issues. It throws the snow very far, at least 20 feet. In classic single-stage form, it does not create a clean stream of snow but more of a messy spray that just kind of points in the general direction of the chute. This does not worry me much, as it cleans the driveway perfectly, and sends it far enough for me to direct it well into the yard. I believe its performance will improve with "better" snow. As in, snow from colder weather, which is more fluffy and less likely to clog the chute.
In terms of general handling/drivability, it works flawlessly. The weights and chains make it unstoppable. I never once lost traction. Also, the hydro is excellent for the nature of the work, as it makes it so much easier to maneuver around the driveway, especially with the constant back-and-forth that comes with snowblowing or plowing.
The Ross steering setup also works perfectly. I installed a steering knob on the wheel and I used it extensively. I can park the tractor, lift the blower, and still turn the wheel with one hand - this is awesome. Thanks for the great idea, Nic!
The headlight works great, and it is enormously helpful. When I first installed the headlight, I thought that it was more of a silly ornament and I was getting carried away with myself -- not the case! I used it last night when I got home from work, it was pitch black outside and I couldn't see anything. The headlight literally illuminates everything in front of the tractor like it is a high-beam from a car.
All of this having been said, I have found a couple of issues that I must fix:
1) the lifting mechanism for the blower occasionally slips off track and I lose the ability to lift the blower (the handle just moves back and forth but it doesn't catch). To fix this, I was lifting the blower onto a brick so that I could slide the mechanism back into position. It is a serious nuisance and it happens about 1/10 times. To permanently fix this, I am going to have to take the unit apart and weld/bolt a little piece of metal to keep the lifting arm from popping off the track. Therefore, it will probably have to wait until next year.
2) The bolts which hold the drum in place need to be extra tight, and I must also purchase new lock washers for them, as one of the bolts came loose while I was doing my neighbors driveway and the drum began to flail violently.
3) It is hard to start and the little block heater that I installed really doesn't do much at all. I have to hook the battery to a charger and crank away for about 15 minutes. Even when it does start in the beginning, it will only run for about 5 seconds at a time. When it will finally stay running, it surges steadily, and backfires out of #2 for about 5 minutes until warm.
I believe I will have to install on of those heat-blankets that glue onto the engine. This means I will have to take off the gas tank and carefully install it amidst the wiring. Ergo, this is obviously a project for next year.
4) It needs a little light for when I am backing up. Just so I can back it into the garage/shed at night.